Minneapolis JCFers - Nice Rhoads Pro for $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis JCFers - Nice Rhoads Pro for $500

For anyone in the Twin Cities area, I thought I'd mention that the Burnsville Music Go Round store has a nice Rhoads Pro for $500. It's the early `90s version with MOP inlays, binding and Jackson/Schaller trem. A couple of very minor dings and some wear, but the only thing obviously wrong is that a previous owner tried to paint the pickguard gold - badly - and it is basically ruined. A new plate and I imagine it'd be good to go.
    sigpic

Re: Minneapolis JCFers - Nice Rhoads Pro for $500

I doubt i'll get there before its gone, not headed that way till Feb, but we'll see.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I'd love to snag it too, but I just can't justify it (too many guitar purchases lately). FWIW, I expect they would ship it. I got my JEM that way (found it at a Music Go Round in Colorado, called & gave 'em my CC#, and they shipped it).

Comment

What color is it?

Comment

Black...but it's not on their site anymore. Someone must have snagged it, thus sparing me the temptation.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah they can ship, but I'm kind of anal about purchasing guitars. I actually want to be able to play it before I buy it. But hey it is gone now, maybe next time. Oddly enough it would have been a nice match to my KV Pro.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I just bought it the other day.I gutted the pickups and active electronics and rewired to 2 volumes and a master tone with Duncans.Maybe EMG's later.It kills now compared to when I bought it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I just bought it the other day.I gutted the pickups and active electronics and rewired to 2 volumes and a master tone with Duncans.Maybe EMG's later.It kills now compared to when I bought it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Congrats! Now let us see pics! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Good for you!

. . . and good for me, too. Thanks for helping me battle my guitar collecting addiction. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pics would be cool. I was planning to get a brushed/anodized pickguard and truss rod cover (complete with R/R engraving) from Budman, and putting EMGs in it for the total blackout killer RR-V.

Comment

Congrats ya lurker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Congrats ya lurker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X