identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identification

alright heres the ld. from tip of the headstock to the bottom strap button. reverse headstock jackson logo in white(no binding), maple neck w/either ebony board or reeeeeally dark rosewood(kinda hard to tell), reverse sharkys, bolt on neck, neck plate is where it goes wrong. i beleive someone may have swaped neck plates, i beleive this because 1.plain neckplate no jackson logo 2. serial # is eight digit and reads as follows 98110331(8 not six or four like usa should be so its either been swapped or is imported) the neckplate color is black. THE BODY: soloist/dinky style(obvious dinky due to bolt on neck) h/s/s config. factory pickups but jackson nor anything else written on them 2 knobs 1 tone 1 vol. set about 2.5 in. apart 5 way blade switch directly below schaller licensed under floyd rose bridge all black hard ware gloss black body and headstock. any ideas anyone?
    thanks---jacksonabuser1

Re: identification

oh and also 24 frets and no binding on neck either

Comment

Is the Jackson logo stamped on the trem? And it has the "Made in Germany by Schaller" on it? Are the inlays real MOP, or the pearloid (plastic) type found on most imports?

Sounds like it could have either had the neck plate swapped as I've seen at Music Go Round stores, or it could be a MF/GC "exclusive" model...but I don't recall those having Schallers. Maybe a parts mutt?
      sigpic

Comment

no stamp on trim, have no idea how to tell the diff in inlays looks like mop to me but like i said and as far as the germany thing i dont see it but it lokks identical to the schaller

Comment

Post up a pic.

Comment

If the trem doesn't say "Schaller", or "Made in Germany by Schaller" on it, then it probably isn't a Schaller. =) My guess would be a korean or chinese copy or something to that effect. The non-logoed pickups and neck plate also raise some red flags. Hard to say what it is. Could be a parts mutt, or if you're unlucky, some chinese Jackson ripoff.

Comment

ehh regardless it plays great and is in tip top shape

Comment

http://profiles.yahoo.com/megadeath18746182

chose the my photos link at nottom of page and select the"the jackson" album

Comment

Hmm...the body and the neck certainly look "right", so I would guess it's a Jackson parts mutt. The neck is interesting. You don't see the combination of reverse headstock AND reverse sharkies every day. It could be off a DX10D, but it's hard to know for sure.

One thing you can do, is take the neck off next time you change strings. There should be stamps in the neckpocket and on the neck heel, saying what model it is.

Comment

Nice thread title [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw a thread with exactly this title over in Import Charvels.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

You don't say! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yup you can infact order the jackson name on ur charvel guitar or atleast you used to be able to. which could stand to reason that it could be a charvel custom order of yester year

Comment

yea, we're aware of guitars that came from the Custom Shop with Jackson logo & Charvel plates (or vice versa)

But what about this guitar suggests that is a Custom Shop axe? And if it is, why were threads started in Import Jacksons & Import Charvels?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

just covering all my bases. i originaly posted in general and noone could really tell me anything. ive learned more about and gotten more insight by posting in the other locations so there for my plan worked. but fine next time ill just ask you

Comment

Working...
                              X