90's model Japanese Serial #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's model Japanese Serial #'s

Didn't I see a post around here somewhere that listed the serial #'s for thje 90's models

Re: 90\'s model Japanese Serial #\'s

Jap serial start with a 9 India mfg start with 10.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mine on my Rhoads Pro is J000980.

Comment

Norman your Rhoads is a 1990.The neck thrus always started with a J and the first number is the year , 0=90 , 1=91 etc.I do not know how long this serial number system lasted maybe 95 or so.All the neck throughs were made in Japan as far as I know.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. I was not sure of the exact year. I knew early 90's and that was it.

Comment

Neckthroughs: J+0-4 or 5 for the 1990-1994/95 models (haven't seen any 1995 neckthroughs to confirm this, but I did have a 94 Mustaine Pro). Not sure if they ever dropped the J from import neckthroughs (SL3, etc).

Bolt-ons: 0-5 or 6 until sometime in 1996, when they went to the "96" serials (started with 9+6). At some point they did 97 serials, and I think 98, but from what I've seen/owned, all post-1996 Japanese models have 6, 7, or 8 digit serials beginning with 9. All Indian-made models start with 0 or 1 and have 10 numbers.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought that maybe the two first digits were the MFG. Year...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Neckthroughs: J+0-4 or 5 for the 1990-1994/95 models (haven't seen any 1995 neckthroughs to confirm this, but I did have a 94 Mustaine Pro). Not sure if they ever dropped the J from import neckthroughs (SL3, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]
                I had a '95 Kelly pro that was neck though that started with J5.....
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                X