A new pickup for my DK2LE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new pickup for my DK2LE?

I have decided that EMG'S are not for me. Has anyone here who owns a DK2LE changed the pickup. I was thinking a Scremin Demon or a Duncan Distortion.

Re: A new pickup for my DK2LE?

I can vouch for the Screamin Demon.. nice chunky sound and not as harsh as some of the other pickups. I think it's pretty darn good quality.
    Can't say anything positive or negative about the Distortion because I've actually never tried one unless a Jackson I've played at GC or somewhere had one and I didn't realize that was the pup. At any rate, I've heard lots of praise for the Distortion as well.. if a Duncan is what you want, I don't think either of these would disappoint you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I'm not a DK2LE owner though heh.

Comment

I ordered mine without the EMG. I wanted a Duncan Invader in mine and I love it! I have a 750XL with EMGs in it and I dont really care too much for them. I took em out of my RR alreadsy and will prolly change the ones in the 750 soon.

Don

Comment

The Duncan Custom Custom may sound great in this guitar, since its body is made of alder and has a maple fretboard. The Custom Custom will get you more low end and a lot of mids, combined with the amount of distortion of the Duncan Custom. It's better for hard rock & 80's heavy metal, it won't be powerful enough for thrash or death metal.

The Duncan Distortion is great if you want more treble and raw power.

I don't like EMGs either, though I haven't tried the 85 in the bridge position.

Comment

Invander,Bill lourence,Duncan tb4 try somethink like that.
          For me tb4 is most perfect pickup!))

Comment

I guess I might go ahead and suggest a Custom with an Alnico 8 magnet. Smoother than the Custom but still has the same agressive nature.

For myself, I LOVE the EMG 81 in the bridge of my DK2LE!!!

Comment

The LE needed an 85. That was my vote, but like the black sharkies, that too got voted down. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah Mark, I guess we were in the minority... I wanted black sharkies as well. I was fine with either 81 or 85 though.

Comment

Since the DK2LE came with the EMG... would it be a hassle to install passive pickups in it?

I am gonna leave the EMG 81 in there for now, 'cause it's my only guitar with EMGs in it, but just so I know for future reference...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah Mark, I guess we were in the minority... I wanted black sharkies as well. I was fine with either 81 or 85 though.

[/ QUOTE ]I wanted black sharkies too. But it's still a really good guitar for 4&a-quarter.

Comment

I'm buying a DK2M and will trade the neck (with sharkies) for a DK2LE neck. I know it is a longshot, but if anyone is interested,please send email to:

[email protected]

Comment

I wish could find someone willing to do this trade.

Comment

Predator1, what style or type of tones are you looking for out of your DK2LE?
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

A 85 in the bridge kicks ass, and personally, i feel passives dont have any of the same qualities then a active. Passives are real noisy, but my favorite passive is the dimebucker.
                            1986 Model 5 with Kahler
                            RH100 Randall head
                            4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

I am a Duncan guy so I have decided on a Duncan Scremin Demon. The DK2LE is a very light and bright sounding guitar I have a maple bodied ESP that is bright and the Scremin Demom sounds great to my ears so I will try it. If I don't like it in will go a Duncan Custom. Thank's for the input.

Comment

Working...
                              X