Rhoads Pro - some questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rhoads Std - some questions?

Damn, I would have loved that 6, Khaler included. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks like I'm getting this Rhoads. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I got it. Pics probably this weekend. It's actually navy blue and I really wanted it to be black. Looks like it's time for a refin. Plus I absolutely want an ebony board on it. May ditch the neck pickup and go for an active bridge. We will see. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Plus I absolutely want an ebony board on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna "ebonize" it? Keep me apprised.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nah, change the board. I hate dots. Probably not going to bother with inlays...

Comment

You are going to have to spend a fucking ASSLOAD of money to do what you want to do to that guitar...I had a Rhoads STD for a while, didn't like it much, sounded muddy no matter what I did, dunno weird shit! Anyways, will be interesting to see what it turns into! But after refinning a neck through and replacing the fretboard, you are probably gonna be in over $1100 on this guitar.

Comment

Who cares. Life is short and I want to feck around with this one.

Finally got her home and plugged her in. Not bad! Yes, even the stock pickups sound alright to my ears. It needs an X2N though... [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Now for some pics, biatches! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Zee Mock-up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I NEED to see pics when that's finished!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I think that's gonna be about as good looking as a guitar can be!
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Looks nice and will look ten times nicer once you're finished with it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    -Janne

Comment

Thanks guys. I believe patience is a virtue, so I will be taking my time with this one...

Comment

Coooool! I love blank ebony boards - that will have a real Dimmu Borgir vibe! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Coooool! I love blank ebony boards - that will have a real Dimmu Borgir vibe! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are they? Just kidding. I didn't even know Dimmu had a blank Rhoads. Not that I get into that style of music. The weird thing is that I just found this thread http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#636347 and it looks a lot like my plans too [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyway, I'll keep you guys up to date. And I must admit, it plays really well as is. But a project it will be! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X