At last!! (New score)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last!! (New score)

Ever since I first saw the Roswell Rhoads I wanted it... Never had the money, and when I did, no RWR was to be found!

Now one surfaced, and I had the dough, needless to say I was on it! Yesterday it arrived:

It's very clean, a couple of TINY dings on the upper wing... not noticeable unless you really look for them.

I'm in love with the looks of this guitar, haven't stringed her yet, thought I'd install an EMG 81 first. Did these come with a chrome dome knob? It looks wrong since the hardware is black, I'm gonna change it for a black one!

I can't wait to get this finished! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

It came without a hardcase, that's the only downside... I have to try and find one. There must've been Jackson hardcases for these, right!?
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: At last!! (New score)

Congrats on finally getting a hold of one!!!!!

Yeah there are cases for these like the one here on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Rhoads-Roswe...1QQcmdZViewItem

and finding one is going to be your next challenge [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome! I had one and sold it, still regret it

Comment

Very cool and "UFO Files" on the History Channel is on in the next room as I'm viewing this......coincidence?....... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Get a black UFO knob from Budman (Dave) to replace that chrome one!
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

And, you have to buy this strap for it!

** LEVYS ROSWELL STRAP**

Comment

Nice axe bro. Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Get a black UFO knob from Budman (Dave) to replace that chrome one!

[/ QUOTE ]

just what I was going to say!!

Nice grab, Anders.

Only time I've seen one of those locally, it was brand new & I didn't want it THAT bad. Would love to find a secondhand one at the right price.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

somehow a black Roswell Rhoads looks more menacing than the silver ones [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

Gary - Yes, same here... one of the local shops had one around '99 and they just wouldn't get rid of it... I didn't have the kind of money it went for.

I got this one for a really fair price, so I'm very pleased. Moving my Model 3 out, since I really can't justify just buying this without selling anything! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Those Roswell knobs are cool as hell!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Very cool and "UFO Files" on the History Channel is on in the next room as I'm viewing this......coincidence?....... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I love UFO's, extraterrestrial life and all that... Makes this guitar even cooler, haha! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fresh Roswell pics!

Well, I managed to install the EMG without problems. It has been given Schaller straplocks as well. I must say, the Roswell Rhoads is probably one of the most beautiful guitars ever IMO, up there with a solid black regular Rhoads.

Most people seem to hate it, well more RWR's to me then! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry for the lightning flash, I was going to snap pics of it in daylight, but the camera battery was dead, so I had to charge it... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Fresh Roswell pics!

What's that SD what it had before you changed it to EMG?

Comment

Looks like Duncan Designed to me. Great looking axe, congrats! Looks awesome in those later pics [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Almost makes me want to own one.
                            -Janne

Comment

Yes, a Duncan Designed... don't remember what model, and I didn't test it... but it sounds frigging AWESOME with the EMG!

It plays fantastic as well... I'm nothing but pleased with this guitar! Best score (only score so far, haha) this year! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X