My new Jackson Fusion XL Pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Jackson Fusion XL Pro!

Hello- I finally took pictures of my newest guitar - Jackson Fusion XL Professional. After tracking down the appropriate catalog scans I think I've nailed it as a 1993 Flame Top Cherry Sunburst. The flame top is hard to get to show in the pictures. Its not dramtic in person either, but it's there, front and back and looks real nice. I'm considering changing the pickups (I have a Charvel Fusion with similar pickups) and would appriciate any ideas. For the bridge position I'm looking at Dimarzio X2N or Super Distortion, BL X500XL ect.
    Here's the pics....Karl

Re: My new Jackson Fusion XL Pro!

Nice!! I'd recommend the X2N. Just because it's my current favorite pup.

Comment

Wow, nice! I just scored a Fusion Pro from eBay myself. Can't wait to get it and those pics make the wait even harder. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      -Janne

Comment

Nice axe. I've only seen the Fusion Pro's with the dot inlays, this thing is sweet!

Comment

Congrats. That is a beautiful guitar! I'd like to add one of those to the stable some day. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

It doesn't look like CSB at all - more like transparent red. Awesome guitar none the less! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

nice, I have a few fusions and these are some of the better ones, if the first digit of your serial# is a 3 its likely a 93
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It doesn't look like CSB at all - more like transparent red. Awesome guitar none the less! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello- here's the catalog scans I used to try to identify the year of this.

This first one is from the 1992 catlog. It does list TR (transparent red) as a color option. It also lists flame top as an option. Seems to fit my guitar, but... it doesn't show the name "Fussion XL" on the truss rod cover which mine has.

This second picture is from the 1993 catalog. This one shows the name on the truss rod cover like mine has. It however lists the flame top as an option only on CSB(cherry sunburst), TB(transparent blue), TV(transparent violet).
                This is how I came to the conclusion it's a '93 CSB. It does have a dark portion around the edges (not black, but deep red) that I thought might be the burst aspect.

So....I am a bit confused. The serial number starts with 92XXXX. The color does seem to possibly be TR, but that years catlog doesn't show the name on the truss rod. The 93 catalog shows the name on the truss rod, but TR is not listed as color option, only CSB. Anyone that can help identify what this actually is it would be greatly appriciated. I know it doesn't really matter but I'd like to positively ID it.
                Thanks, Karl

Comment

Stunning looks! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] That red is just awesome! Congrats!
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Nice one!! Great color too.

Comment

That is a beauty.. looks to be in great shape too! Congrats on the acquisition!

Comment

Working...
                      X