US Jackson for a Jackson Stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Jackson for a Jackson Stars?

I have an RR1 and it's awesome and everything, but I don't like having 22 frets. I've heard good things about Jackson Stars and since they have RR's with 24 frets, I figured I'd ask if it would be worth it to sell the RR1 and get a Stars RR? I appreciate any input.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Re: US Jackson for a Jackson Stars?

Why not? Without making toooo many enemies here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] , you couldn't get my Soloist Pro from me for a USA Soloist. Guitars are tools; if you don't have what you need to get the music out you have a problem. The Stars are supposed to be nice, so if the RR1 isn't doing it, I don't really see the harm. Of course, both would be best!
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I played a bunch of Jackson Stars RR's at music stores last week. Having never played a US RR1, I can't compare the two, but I'd say that the Stars RR's are high quality guitars.

You can check out the specs here: http://www.jacksonstars.com/top.html
      (Click on the RR(Randy Rhoads) under Jackson Stars in the left hand frame)

However, you'd have to go through the trouble of ordering from a Japanese dealer, who may or may not be able to understand English, and therefore may have trouble answering any questions that you may have...

Other members have ordered and got guitars shipped to them from Japan (Newc in particular comes to mind). Maybe they can help you out with the particulars of the ordering process.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Depends, if you get the high end J1 series, they'll probably be just like the USA series, plus 2 more frets, while the J2 series is on par w/ the high-end LTD's in terms of quality.

Comment

So then with the ones like J1's and the ones on the website, woujld you have to wait a couple months to get, or is that only with custom shop ones?
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

It's usually whatever they factory has in stock. e-mail ishibashi (their international e-mail is somewhere on their site), and ask them about which model you're interestsed in. They'll answer pretty quickly and they can tell you which model and what color they have in stock for it.

Comment

Back in september, I asked for a price on the RR-J2 from ishibashi. If I didn't have car insurance payments coming in then, I would have gotten one. Lemme just say that J2's are in anybody's price range. However, that was over 4 months ago and prices may have fluctuated since then. Get in contact with the guys at ishibashi, they have someone on staff that is pretty good with their english.

Oh yeah, since the RR1 isn't doing it for you, I see nothing wrong with making a change. No point in keeping something you're not happy with.

Comment

If you're selling your RR1, PM the price for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Go for it bro... The high end Jackson Stars line are great guitars. I've owned 2 Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads. One was a TOM bridge with and average quilt top, the other had a Schaller with a cool Metallic Black finish. Both were solid, well made guitars. I just could not get used to the shape, so I sold them. There is not much difference between the Schallers they offer and OFRs.

Comment

Working...
                  X