DK2 Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 Discontinued?

At MF's website they have the DK2 as a discontinued item, whats up with this? LINK
    Just one more guitar!

Re: DK2 Discontinued?

They are the 2005 models that are discontinued. The new 2006 models will have real Duncan pickups and a revised trem.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah they were selling those DK2's with the BOF graphic at a ridiculously blowout price. If I could have come up with the cash, I would have grabbed one, as you won't likely see that kind of deal again anytime soon.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

You are living under a rock, aren't you? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah they were selling those DK2's with the BOF graphic at a ridiculously blowout price. If I could have come up with the cash, I would have grabbed one, as you won't likely see that kind of deal again anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the price on them?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            They are the 2005 models that are discontinued. The new 2006 models will have real Duncan pickups and a revised trem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally some Duncans [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] What kind is that new trem?

Comment

[quoteWhat was the price on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

$399.
              My wife bought one for me. Man, I love that woman!
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I bought a new BOF really cheap, even lower than the MF price. I was looking for the specs on the pups and noticed they had no more DK2s. Which Duncans are the going to but in these and why don't they make a an HH config DK2?
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

There are 2 HH configuration DK2s that came out this year. One with maple board/black sharkies and one with a tunomatic bridge...

Check this PDF for all the new 2006 model info...
                  http://www.mattsmusic.com/Jackson_NewforNAMM.pdf

There are some discrepencies in the feature list, if it's in the feature list and not pictured in the picture, it's not on the guitar, like the binding on the KE3s and RR3s.

Also, the DXMG is pretty damn close to a HH DK2, only difference is reverse headstock...

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

where did you get one cheaper than MF that sounds intresting I gat a spare 300

Comment

Ebay, $315. I really like the guitar. The neck seams thiner than a couple of other DK2 necks I have. The pups aren't to bad. I used it a practice last night along w/ acouple of other Charvels loaded w/ Dimarzios. I could hear the difference but overall it sounded and played really well.
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

nice thats a great price!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X