Jackson DKMGT Dinky/owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMGT Dinky/owners

Does any one have one ot these?? There selling at MF for $349,,shows list at $899,,my question is does this guitar play like a $349 guitar or a$899 guitar it looks good but never tried one??????

Re: Jackson DKMGT Dinky/owners

They are excellent, I just got one at guitar center in Sacramento for 307.00 it rips, but i'll probably change the pickups.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

They are probably a lower end guitar. Would sound a lot better with Active EMG's and all new electronics.
      1986 Model 5 with Kahler
      RH100 Randall head
      4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

Hey GK, I don't own the DKMGT, but I did get their BOF DK2. I highly recommend it.

Alvin
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

They are great guitars, and not low end at all; build quality and playability are excellent. At least on my DKMGT and all the ones I've played in shops.

You gotta change out the pickups though.
          The EMG HZs pretty much suck, and on 2006 models they will be getting active EMGs as stock pickups.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I played one when they first came out, and thought the "bang for the buck" was great even at full price. Not a big fan of the pickups, but the gain booster is handy. I almost bought one at MF for $300 on clearance, but I don't like TOM bridges and the trem-equipped model isn't on sale.
            sigpic

Comment

hello- I have the trem model DKMG and it's a great guitar. I did change out the pickups to an 81/85 set. I was thinking of getting one of these DKMGT's that are on sale just to have another hardtail around. I paid @650 for mine new and thought it was worth it. Karl

Comment

I never play mine, but I think it is made quite well. I havent found the right set of pickups yet.
                Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I bought one of those at MF. I thought it was a good deal.

Comment

Owned one for a while. Paid 425.00 for it. Great guitar. Plays like it should cost more.

You can't go wrong with it.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

thanks for the input

Comment

i have a cobalt blue dkmgt MF blem that i cannot complain about... i like better than some guitars i own but less than others ..
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                        X