No announcement yet.

Bond Rhoads = lacquered fretboard???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bond Rhoads = lacquered fretboard???

Well as you said zeegler , you can only feel two of the inlays, not all of them. Those Bond RR's are relatively new so the inlays might still be on the same level as the rest of the board.
    -Janne

Comment

Sand 'em down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Damn, I finally figured out who Kevin Bond is. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Still don't know why he gets his own model, but...oh well [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

being made in japan the woods are very different. there should not be a finish on the neck. and i don't know why i have my own model either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          and i don't know why i have my own model either.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Because you love Jackson, and you're a pretty kick-ass guitar player? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DOH! Hello Kev and welcome to the board!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              and i don't know why i have my own model either.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Because you love Jackson, and you're a pretty kick-ass guitar player? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Right on \m/

Comment

I want a model too dammit!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

What you think is lacquer on the board is probably a thin coat of ice that just hasn't melted yet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thats Canada for you! (I kid, I have friends up in Ontario).

In all seriousness I saw one of these at the music store last week, definitely not lacquered. So either zeegs got an extra special one, something wierd went down or its a Canada thing. Or possibly all three [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Zeegs was high, lost his keys, needed something to do. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anyone know what kind of oil they use on fret boards of these guitars? You can defiantly make some polymerized oils build up on the surface of wood to look like soft coat of varnish or lacquer, that usually takes more then one coat of oil though.

Comment

like tung oil? haha

Comment

I just bought a KB here in Canada.I also find the fret board to be very shiny.Maybe it's a canadian thing!

Comment

The fretboard on my KB has a bit of a shine, but doesn't look or feel any different than other ebony boards I've played. But then again, I'm not in the Great White North.

Comment

Working...
                              X