Jackson Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars

Due to the recent surge in threads being started regarding the Jackson Stars line, I thought I would try to provide some information for the JCF community regarding this brand.

As you all know, import Charvels and import Jacksons have been built in Japan since spring of 1986. From 1986 through 1994, Jackson had a contract with Kyowa-Shokai (a trading company), who had Chushin Gakki (a factory in Nagano prefecture) build the Charvels and Jacksons for sale domestically and abroad.

When the contract expired in 1994, Kyowa-Shokai opted not to renew their contract with Jackson, partly due to the fact that Grover Jackson had sold Jackson USA to IMC. However, Chushin Gakki, the factory that had been making the MIJ Charvels and Jacksons up to this point, apparently felt that there was a market for Jackson guitars in Japan. However, due to the expiration of the tradmark licence for the brand name "Jackson", they were precluded from using the brand name "Jackson" on guitars for sale in the Japanese Market. Therefore, they continued to produce "pointy headstock" (for which they hold Japanese Trademark Registration No. 2150759) guitars under various brand names, such as "Grover Jackson", "Team GJ", and "Jackson Stars".

The brands "Grover Jackson" and "Team GJ" were phased out after 2001, and Chushin Gakki currently sells guitars under the name "Jackson Stars". The same factory still continues to make the MIJ Jacksons for the U.S. market.

Here is the link to the Jackson Stars site:
    www.jacksonstars.com

BTW, people living outside of Japan can also purchase Jackson Stars guitars. I will refrain from posting the links to Japanese dealers who ship overseas, as this may be a violation of the rules stipulating advertising for non-sponsoring dealers (although I am not an employee of any musical instrument dealer).

If anyone needs/wants further information, I will try to find out and post!

Hope this helps!
    QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Re: Jackson Stars

think you could PM me some websites then? I am looking for a neckthru kelly or warrior thats possibly under 50,000 yen or so.. Thanks

Comment

PM sent. The second link has a neckthrough Kelly for 66,572 yen.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

That is pretty cool.. Thanks.. once I get some money and finish paying for afew things, I will order one most likely!

Although I wonder how basswood body Kelly would sound heh

Comment

would that last website use paypal or anything? or is it still the only other method there?

And are those guitars like the only ones in stock? or do they have afew of them, just incase they run out fast =[

Comment

As a general rule, Japanese businesses don't use Paypal as an acceptable method of payment. I don't know the specifics for that particular business, but I would assume that they only accept bank transfers for international orders.

Regarding stock, if the store runs out, the factory should be able to crank one out in a few months. The wait time on my custom order from Jackson Stars was quoted to me as four months at the latest.

Comment

5-stars for ya [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

That clears up a whole bunch of stuff.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                would that last website use paypal or anything? or is it still the only other method there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bank transfer only. Contact them, and they will provide you with all the info you need to make the transfer. Basicly, you go to your bank, they take the money out of your account, and drop it into the store's account in Japan. It is sent with the confirmation code (the store will give it to you when you contact them), so they know which guitar to send you and to what address. You will still be responsible for duty tax (if any) when it arrives at customs.

Comment

i really wan't to know who ships to europe, can you please PM me with some info or links..

Comment

QuantumRider PM sent.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Although I won't name names, one of two major Japanese retailers takes credit cards internationally (not PayPal, though), while the other will only do wire transfers.

Comment

By the way, QuantumRider, you rock! Thanks for this info.

I suppose now we're going to see a bunch of eBay listings touting how their overpriced auctions are worth it because this is a highly sought-after Kyowa Shokai-era guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

pro-fusion, could you PM me them^^ I am really interested, but scared of the whole thing about direct deposit lol

Comment

I PMed you some info, Nick.

Comment

Newc-

Thanks! Truly a compliment, coming from a Jackson Stars aficionado such as yourself!

kristofer, Drake S., and pro-fusion-

PM's sent.

[ QUOTE ]
                              I suppose now we're going to see a bunch of eBay
                              listings touting how their overpriced auctions are worth it because this is a highly sought-after Kyowa Shokai-era guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the guys at Kyowa-Shokai started the Caparison brand of guitars after their contract with Jackson expired.

I read an interview with a bigwig at Kyowa saying that they started Caparison to continue pursuing Grover's vision of what a guitar should be.

Here is a link to the interview (in Japanese):

http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/umanohone/sec11.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X