pawn shop find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pawn shop find

i also found today a jackson warrior. it has sharkies, flame top, original HS case, hum hum, and the were not the usual duncans, no neck binding. the guy wants $300.00. Deal or no deal??

Re: pawn shop find

Sounds like a WRXT, that's about what they go for. Bolt on, made in Japan, the trem is a JT580. So the pickups do not have "Duncan Designed" printed on there?
    Maybe they are real Duncans.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sounds like a wrxt. 300 with the case seems like a good price. Go for it.

Comment

Grab it

Comment

wish i could find that sort of dtuff in my local pawn shop..
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Play it first, see if you WANT it. This can be more important than the price.

Comment

My local pawnshop is so tuned into E-Bay that it's almost impossible to get a "Deal". I'm sure they love it when someone pawns a guitar because they are needing bucks and are probably braindead to boot.. He knows the loan value is butkiss and he takes it. The guys at the shop I go to are always talking about how they checked it out. It's almost no fun anymore. Knowledge is king but it fuks up people like me that want to snag a "Great Deal" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Most of the pawn shops here are set up exactly the same. They research the guitars before they buy them/sell them, so they know what they have in their hands. To get a deal takes a lot of work, but it mostly comes down to luck and timing. The other option it to wait to see if a gem grows a thick coat of dust and they need to get rid of it.

Comment

yeah, these guys really dont know what they have, they have an EVH wolfgang special jap model and swear it was made in the us and have 800.00 on it.

Comment

you think that's bad. my local RETAILER tried to label a dx10dfs as a soloist, and priced it at £600. morons or dodgy bastards? you decide...
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Sounds like a WRXT, that's about what they go for. Bolt on, made in Japan, the trem is a JT580. So the pickups do not have "Duncan Designed" printed on there?
                      Maybe they are real Duncans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could also be swapped pickups. Volume and Tone and 3-way would make it a WRXT. If it's got three knobs it's a WRMG, regardless of whether or not it has EMG-anythings in it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But yeah, $300 with case ain't bad at all, as long as it's not trashed.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        you think that's bad. my local RETAILER tried to label a dx10dfs as a soloist, and priced it at £600. morons or dodgy bastards? you decide...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps moronic dodgy bastards? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm assuming they're trying to milk off the Jackson name so people who don't know their shit get ripped off.
                        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're only morons if they can't find one poor sap out there who doesn't know any better... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

well it has been sitting there for about 2 years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. apparantly, someone did buy it, then it came back again, and they're still wanting £400 for it. i'll take my chances with ebay..
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                            X