soloist std pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloist std pro?

I saw one of these at a pawn shop near Seattle today, tagged at $399 in pretty rough cosmetic shape, but it would likely buff out OK (lots of little scratches). It's black, HSS, neck through, dot inlays, pickups have Pole pieces. The shop thinks it's a USA, but the ser # is 6 digits w/ a J before the numbers, and a non-mop logo. I'm guessing $300 is about market?, and that it's really made in Japan, -am I right?

Re: soloist std pro?

Yup, mij.

Comment

The last one I saw on ebay went from like $425 + shipping

Comment

GC in Cincy Ohio had a RR pro and thought it was a USA and were asking $1500.00.When I mentioned it was MIJ and worth about $500.00 they said I didn't know what I was talking about.Go figure.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd say $400 is not a bad price at all for any neck-thru Jackson.

Comment

I always point those type of people to the JCF for proof of value and origin. They will always think "you" are just trying to cheat them out of a sale by saying it's worth less and made in so-and-so foreign country.

Then again, maybe they got took by whoever they bought it from. If so, good! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And if that was a 90/91 RR Pro, it's worth way more than $500 unless it's beat to crap.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's a model 6 in a pawn shop down here for $999.00 and it's BEAT. I tried to explain to the guy it was worth maybe 3 bills, so he breaks out the blue book and points out where it had a msrp of $1200.00. Geez.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                There's a model 6 in a pawn shop down here for $999.00 and it's BEAT. I tried to explain to the guy it was worth maybe 3 bills, so he breaks out the blue book and points out where it had a msrp of $1200.00. Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Someone needs to teach the little tard how to use a Blue Book and not just read it.
                I use to have those morons come into the shop I worked at wanting to do a trade deal saying the same thing. "Well book on it is...". And I would then teach them the finer art of grading a guitar and making the appropriate deductions for things like scratches and dings and well... overall demand in the market. But the most important part... what is it worth to ME.
                Of course I did get a kid who came in and wanted to do a straght trade for a Samick. He had a killer USA Jackson Dinky but thought the neck was too thick. I could have been an ass and did the deal, but I'm too honest for that. Go figure. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                X