1 Hum Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 Hum Rhoads

I need no versatility. Only a chainsaw. Dimebucker!

Comment

Honestly, don't bother listening to those who say they need diversity, because chances are they would never be buying the one hum rhoads in the first place.

Comment

Mine has an EMG 81 in it and it sounds killer,not too shrill like others seem to think.Its all in the EQ settings,thats why the amp has treble midlle and bass. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i voted JB. When you only have one pickup you'll want it to be pretty versatile. The JB can do that, the others i would choose if i would only play heavily saturated gain stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (even before I read this). You could wire up a push/pull pot to split the coils and get straty sounds as well, or parallel or out of phase. You can be creative with a single hum axe (as long as you have a 4 conductor hum).

Comment

i'd have to go with an 81 i can't stand duncans their too muddy...although as a second choice i'd take a dimebucker...

Comment

voted EMG 81

Comment

emg 81 - simple, good clean looks , ripping (so that's the way for a 1hum axe)

In general look at what competition is putting in their axes - 81's in "metal" oriented guitars.

ntb,1 hum , floyd, bound ebony ,24 frets... i'd buy two of them ;]

Comment

This is my first "poll". Looks like I should have made the results veiwable after you vote. I'll do that next time!!!

Keep the votes coming!!!

Remember....vote early and vote often!! LOL

Seriously though...please only vote once!

Comment

EMG 81, but for a Rhoads with alder and maple, the 85 would be a better choice. Jack.

Comment

just to ask ...is this for a floyded or hardtail rhoads? i'm not bothered either way...but if this is from the bonds rjoads discussion i liked the single hum stoptail idea...i just didn't like the inlays...

Comment

Maple with sharkies Rhoads perhaps? hehe

Comment

Shame the 85 isn't a option. I prefer the 81 as a pickup, and probably prefer passives over both, but for a 1 hum rhoads, an 85 would just be right, imo. That being said - 81.

Comment

is this gonna be one of those $1000+ imports where nobody buys them because they can get a similar USA model for the same price?

Comment

I voted for the 81. If Jackson would use the new quick connect type EMG's in this guitar it would be pretty easy to swap the 81 for an 85.
                              -Janne

Comment

EMG 81 for sure
                                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                                X