Painting my new Rhoads JS30 V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting my new Rhoads JS30 V

Ok so I bought this guitar about a week ago, and I started thinking of things I could do to it that I would never dream of doing to any of my other very, very expensive guitars. So I started off with this picture from the Jackson site:

Then I made a mock-up of it in PhotoShop which gave me this:

And then I started to fool around and ultimately came up with this:

I have a whole album online of the different variations in stripe colors here.

Whaddya think?

~006

Re: Painting my new Rhoads JS30 V

Too busy for me. I like bright solid colors like white, red, etc

Comment

Go for it. I actually like the strpies better on that than on the EVH charvie.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I actually like the strpies better on that than on the EVH charvie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with that. I personally think the EVH models are ugly

Comment

Yeah, see I've always thought the design was neat, but I never liked the color schemes he used, not even the white base with black stripes, or the black base with yellow. I think this guitar would be well away from screaming "EIGHTIES!" with this color scheme. It has a more modern look, to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

~006

Comment

Go for whatever feels best to you!

One question though... are you planning to install a new fretboard with that 006 inlay? Or are you going to fill the existing inlay holes and doing that inlay?

Just curious, because it doesn't seem worth it to install a new fretboard and modding a JS30RR to that extent.
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

As far as the neck work is concerned, my friend does that kind of work, he said he'd like to do it for free. He has some degree or certificate from a local luthier school, plus I've seen a lot of his work so I trust him. He likes using shell and making very elaborate scenes in fretboards and bodies. This would be a peice of cake for him. I would only have to supply/pay for the materials...so like...$60 for an ebony fretboard and a large peice of MOP material, new fretwire, and binding material. Sounds like a plan to me.

It may not seem worth it to you, but for me, I've kinda always wanted a cheap guitar to trick out completely. It will basically end up being a custom guitar for me, and cost a LOT less than an actual custom shop Jackson, one of which I own. New pickups, new tuners, custom inlay on a new fretboard and new fretwire, binding on the neck/headstock, and a custom paint job. I'll probably spend a total of $625 (guitar, and all the extras) in the end. Not bad. That's more than half off the custom RR-1 I bought a couple of years ago. And this one will have everything I wanted on that one, and a custom paint job/inlay that I couldn't get from Jackson back then, and then some.

~006

Comment

you got any pics of your other guitars?

Comment

Only the ones I keep at home, the eye candy stays at the studio where I work. I keep my import guitars here at home, and I use them to gig with. Schecter Hellraiser C7, ESP/LTD EC-1000 black, and now this JS30RR Rhoads.

Here's a few mock-ups with the different pups I've been looking at, can't decide which ones look better. It's the DiMarzio X2N and the SD Custom:

Which ones? I like the white X2N's look more, personally. Whaddya think?

~006

Comment

To avoid the photoshop step, check out

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X