RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5

Hi guys hopefully in the near future, I will be gettting some money definately will spend some on getting a new amp of somekind....

I've suddenly started gassing over the RR5 either in natural or white with pins...

I've done a search allready and found a few pics and quite a bit of useful info as usual from here...

I probably might change the pickups allthough i'll be able to try it out in shop that sometimes stocks RR5's..

If I change the pickups it will e most likely EMG's 85/60a, I may wan't to run it at 18volts, ive seen someone cleverly put the batts underneath the pots with the protective emg heat electrical cloth between the batts and pots...

Would I be able to do this in the RR5?

If Not I could always wire it 9 volt, I may also change the pickguard for vol, vol, toggle and get budman rings and truss cover...

I thought that I couldnt get on with tom string through but having played my kvx10 I find it ok now...

So any pics of RR5's in either natural or white with black pins would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, iv'e heard the tuners arent the best so I may get some gotoh schaller or locking schaller ones....

I can't wait to try one out....

And Cases, I can get a coffin V case for £80 something like $130 us in the uk or one of the multi big guitars case all in one for the same price not sure how much a Jackson case would be....

Ozz [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: RR5

Ok, so it's not white or natural...and it doesn't have black pins..but black and gold..mmmmmm

I bought pup rings and a truss rod cover from Budman, it really sets it off. Sorry it's a bad pic..

Comment

Thanks anyways, Allthough I wan't more RR5 nat or ivory pins pics... hell I may be lucky enough to get both who knows....

I think the rosewood goes well with the nat and ivory for some reason....

Ozz

Comment

I was just looking for a reason to post the pic LOL...
        The natural ones are killer!!

Comment

Youll have no problem running 18v in there... Ive got my rr3 wired with 18v which has the same cavity size.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks, any possibillity that you could take pics next time you change batts? or just open the cavity up and show me?

Have you done it th e normal wrap conductive proctective foam over batts or put the batts on the bottow and the foam between the pots and batts?

Ozz

Comment

Ok? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

damn kruneh........niiice
                DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

God damm it's a hard tie between RR5 nat or RR5 ivory, I love the Ivory and pins very Rhandy esque.

Dammit I want a RR5 now!!!!!

I also wish My band was started up and writing, and I had a new amp....

Ozz

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    damn kruneh........niiice

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, real nice Kruneh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, you´ve seen it before...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

What Jackson is in the reflection of the guard out of curiosity?

And I dont think a RR1T is what i'm really after, I like the nat with gold hw and ivory pins with gold hardware, it'll definately be between these two, might even get both who knows....

Anyone got good pics of A RR5 in Ivory and black pins?

Also found a Case to go with it the Gator extreme camo case you can change the foam for different shapes, it'll be great for a RR....

And it's pretty cheap too....

Ozz

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            What Jackson is in the reflection of the guard out of curiosity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhoads Pro, the older kick ass imports.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, you´ve seen it before...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X