X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR5

Comment

Nice I am guessing the bezels and truss rod cover are from budman?

Thats what I was thinking of doing, i'll just make a mockup in the custom generator and see how it looks emg'ed out....

Ozz

Comment

Sure I can get you a pic, I might even already have a few. Will check when I get home.

As for the RR5, I would take on in a heart beat if it wasnt for the plastic inlays... if it had MOP I think it would be alot classier for not much more money production wise. The plastic just makes it look cheap.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Lemme know what you think I'm liking the white and black EMG's right ow the most...

The gold covered piclups would more than likely bareknuckles

Thanks Rob...

Any more real pics will be great...

Ozz

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

If you are looking for high gain distorted sounds, go 9V. If you want to play cleaner with more headroom, go 18v.

Kerry King, Jim Root, etc, all use 2 EMG pickups with 9 volt systems. I usually only go 18v on basses equipped with EMG's.

My $.02....

Comment

We'll im probably going to put an 85/60a or 81/60 depends of what I want, ill probably be putting the 85b 60n combo well changing the emgs in my ran so ill see how i like it in a neck through alder body axe...

I can try out an 81/60 combo in a friends guitar and see how I like it....

However I do like the warm sounds given by the 85's Alnico magnet, Allthough the extra headroom given by the 18volt system may be etter for louder cleans....

Thanks for all the replies, and the pics rob, still more RR5 pics are welcomed....

I have heard that the 18volt only gives emg's more headroom but does it affect the distorted sounds tooo?

Ozz

Comment

I would say the 18v definatley gives them more measurable and audible output. When I used to play through my Line 6 Guitar Port practicing, I really couldnt use the 85 in the bridge on my RR3, was just way too much output, couldnt get it clean. Now with the DKMG and the 85/89 wired in 9v, it sounds great.

Now I use a Tone Port which has a padded input for active guitars, I dont have that problem.

Honestly though, between the two, I dont see any real advantage to using 18v.

Comment

Ohh right well ill probs go for an 85/60a with 9volt, any more pics?

Ozz

Comment

i dont have the pic, but on the cover of a recent guitar mag, some dude had his white RR5 with EMGs, and it looked sweet as hell

Comment

Thanks for the info I'll try and look around.....

Anyone else???

Ozz

Comment

Bump, anymore pics of RR5's in natural or ivory?

Please, I wish I had the money for it though... right now and i'd order a RR5 Dammit!!!!

Why did I have to see someones RR5 and start Gassing for one...

Comment

Naturals are kinda rare.

Here's a white one

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is really really nice.....

Damm any more pics???

Ozz

Comment

does anyone know what the new colors for the RR5s are suppose to be this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X