Re: AMS has some new imports

I beleive the difference between the old JT-580LP and the newer one is:

Hardened Baseplate
    Square Baseplate
    Cutout better for Original Floyd replacement

I think?

Comment

JCMktgGuy just answered my question about the new trem in the Ask Jackson section:

"The Pro and MG models now use an improved version of the JT580LP that has a hardened steel bridge plate and hardened posts. The look of the tremolo is the same as the previous JT580LP tremolo."

Well there we have it. Better pups, improved trem, and black hardware! Thanks for the quick answer JC, and for the new lineup! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

jackson is starting to get on the right track with the imports this time!

Comment

Posting this here instead of the 'fun with custom shop generator' thread since this variant is still new. I hacked together a template out of the white 2006 DK2M and threw Lynch's scheme on to show what it might look like. If anyone wants this template (layered .psd file, openable with Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop), let me know (PM me) and I'll send it to you.

Just a guitar player...

Comment

I thought the 2006 RR3's where to have neck & headstock binding?
            Possibly JCMktgGuy can elaborate...

That DK2M is looking really cool. I imagine swapping the pups out for 2 EMG 89s & call it good.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Sorry, RR3 does not have binding. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                The RR3 is crying out for binding on the neck and headstock though, but still nice. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use some automotive stripe tape, a la Number Of The Priest! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I'm partial to the new white out that comes in it the strip plastic thing myself. easy to fix or touch up also [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K
                I myself am going to get a RR3 just can't decide classic Black or the trans Blue. The blue looks real sweet with the black hardware.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I thought the 2006 RR3's where to have neck & headstock binding?
                  Possibly JCMktgGuy can elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked that question in the "Ask Jackson" section... John answered that it was an error in the specfile. The RR3 and KE3 don't get binding.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    The RR3 is crying out for binding on the neck and headstock though, but still nice. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use some automotive stripe tape, a la Number Of The Priest! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that work?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you should see some of the, **ahem**, creative projects around here. There is a unique warrior hanging around this place. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm thinking of a DK2T in trans black because I'm tired of dealing with Floyds when I never use the tremelo anyway. That or an RR3 and get a Tremol-no if they ever actually ship them. These 2006 upgrades are gonna sell a lot of guitars I think. Karl

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, see if you can use the search function to find that thread. I think it was in Tech Q & A

Author is Number Of The Priest
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I look at that White DK2M and Criss Oliva immediately comes to mind.....

That IS a nice looking instrument
                            RIP Erika Nicole 1/09/88--7/05/08

http://indiemusicworks.com/Axe/
                            http://www.myspace.com/axe57

Comment

Tarzan, I found it for you. Here is NOTP's original thread, from April 2004 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...0&Number=99127

Notice his pics aren't showing, maybe you can PM him.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X