WRMG vs. WRXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRMG vs. WRXT

if i got a WRXT and put EMG-HZ pickups in it, should i expect the guitar to sound identical to the WRMG (without the turbocharger engaged)? aren't the dimensions and wood types of these guitars identical to each other? the WRXT wouldn't have a battery compartment. do i still need one even without the turbocharger?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: WRMG vs. WRXT

The 2006 WRMG has an EMG 81 and 85 and I think they took out the turbocharger.

Why go through all this trouble? I can't answer your sound question but I'll suggest getting the 2006 WRMG over getting a WRXT and switching to passive EMG pickups.

Comment

i just wanted the WRMG with sharkies but without the hassle of swapping a neck. the 2006 WRMG is likely to cost about £700 compared to my 2005 trans-black WRMG at £600. I did consider selling off my 2005 WRMG but i doubt i'd get much money for a discontinued model. not only that, the uk is reknowned for setbacks imposed on new releases and i couldn't bear to be without a guitar.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I get it. The battery in your WRMG is for the turbocharger, the EMG HZ pickups are passive. Maybe someone with more experience with guitar electronics can help you out here. I'd have some questions myself.

Comment

Hello- you won't need a battery for the HZ's they're passive. I've got a pair of HZ-3's that I took out of my DKMG and replaced with 81/85's. I've also got the turbo charger...... battery setup...the whole thing. If you're interested I could see what they're going for a sell them to you. I'd put them up on the classified section but I'm not a full member. I'm trying to get to 100 posts so I can get access to the classifieds, this policy stinks BTW.
          Karl

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If you're interested I could see what they're going for a sell them to you. I'd put them up on the classified section but I'm not a full member. I'm trying to get to 100 posts so I can get access to the classifieds, this policy stinks BTW.
            Karl

[/ QUOTE ]
            Well Karl that rule is in place for good reason we have had alot of newbies come in & just try to pawn off their gear with out contributeing to the board , kinda like what your doing with the stuff you mentioned just now.
            If you go over the rules of the classified section it shows clearly what needs to be done. Your offer of knowledge in this post about the HZs & battery clip is one of those things that I think the admins & other members might look for a contribution to the board, before trying to sell your items.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              If you're interested I could see what they're going for a sell them to you. I'd put them up on the classified section but I'm not a full member. I'm trying to get to 100 posts so I can get access to the classifieds, this policy stinks BTW.
              Karl

[/ QUOTE ]
              Well Karl that rule is in place for good reason we have had alot of newbies come in & just try to pawn off their gear with out contributeing to the board , kinda like what your doing with the stuff you mentioned just now.
              If you go over the rules of the classified section it shows clearly what needs to be done. Your offer of knowledge in this post about the HZs & battery clip is one of those things that I think the admins & other members might look for a contribution to the board, before trying to sell your items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, sorry if I broke the rules. I just reread the stuff in the rules section about the classifieds. I wasn't trying to pawn off my gear though. This poster was asking about putting HZ's in a guitar. Mine are still collecting dust in the ziplock that the tech who installed my new pups put them in. I have no use for them. I actually thought I was helping out. I'll shut up now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Karl

Comment

Newbs are free to make off-board deals, you just can't access the Classifieds yet.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Karl I wasn't saying you are trying to pawn off anything it just has happened way to many times in the past , & that was a nice offer to a fellow member. By all means don't shut up post as much as you like & can good members new & old are what we need . [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                  X