Best Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Rhoads?

im looking for a lower end rhoads with a floyd. Which is better a RX10D, Rhoads performer, or and RR3? Ill also probably being buying this off ebay so the RR3 is the older chromed out version im guessing.

Re: Best Rhoads?

They're basically all the same....About the same quality, same grade materials and hardware, etc.

Comment

Well ive heard that the older ones were better and all but i like the sharkfin inlays on the newer ones. Idk ill be most likely repainting and installing new pickups and tremolo system in it anyway.

Comment

Of those: they are all similar but the Performer is a lower line, so I disagree with Orchid. RR3s and post 2002 RX10Ds are made in Japan and have sharkfins.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea I would shoot for an RR3 then the RX10D's. I think your safe as long as you choose an RR with the SF enlays. I've been watchin Ebay and it seems that the RR3's go for around $350. Stay away from the dotted enlays

Comment

The best "lower-end" Rhoads will be the 2006 RR3: Hardened steel trem and USA Duncan pickups! None of the older ones had that stock.

Contrary to the advice above, there were good quality models with dot inlays, such as the Rhoads Std (neck-thru) and the Rhoads EX (bolt-on). However, stay away from anything that has the 12th fret dots far apart (those were made in Korea or India).

Comment

The RR3 has the better jack placement. (in the upper wing as oppsed to in the way on the lower wing like the rx10d, ex pro, and performers.)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Contrary to the advice above, there were good quality models with dot inlays, such as the Rhoads Std (neck-thru)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you're spot on [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The best "lower-end" Rhoads will be the 2006 RR3: Hardened steel trem and USA Duncan pickups! None of the older ones had that stock.

Contrary to the advice above, there were good quality models with dot inlays, such as the Rhoads Std (neck-thru) and the Rhoads EX (bolt-on). However, stay away from anything that has the 12th fret dots far apart (those were made in Korea or India).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck looking for an EX pro...they are about impossible to find.

Comment

I've played an RX10D and RR3 both japan made wih the same bridge, the only thing that brings the RR3 truely above the RX now is the hardened steel baseplate trem, and upper wing jack, and duncans....

If your ok with the jack location then there isnt too much of a problem I myself prefer the rear loaded electronics good for certain RR models....

It's also really simple toggle and volume, put some nice pickups if you really wan't to and there you go...

Ozz

Comment

Well im going to be changeing the pickups no matter whats in them most likely. Also are the bolt on professionals any good?

Comment

Speaking from experience, the STD is a great guitar, but it's neck through.

The Pro EX is AWESOME. Hell, I'm looking for another one as I said like 200,000 times. It's a bolt on. 22 fret, 2 hums, 1 volume, no tone, 3 way selector. The only thing I don't like is that it's not 22 frets, and that it has a blade selector, rather than a toggle.

I've seen a few on eBay, but not in the color I'm looking for. I've seen red and black on. Just no white.

They are worth the money, and you will not be upset by your purchase.

Comment

Scored an all black Pro EX just recently on da bay... $300, originally ticked in at $400, but got relisted. NICE guitar. Much lighter than I thought. A friend of mine bought a RR3 recently and as far as I know that one was made in Indonesia. He was actually looking for a gigging replacement/backup for his '87 Fernandes Rhoads which is still HOT...

Comment

AFAIK, all RR3s are MIJ.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Forget all of the above; come to New Jersey to find the best roads. Not a pothole to be found. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X