MIJ Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Jackson?

Nearly purchased an RRV but all I know is it's a Professional. Need a little help with what exactly it is.

MOP Inlay/Logo
    Jackson Stamped Schaller
    Active Jackson PUPs
    Neck-through
    Yeah, the pinstripe is off, but that might be removed.

Re: MIJ Jackson?

And it looks like an ebony board to boot. Unless Im completely wrong, I think these are the "good" ones, comparable to the U.S. made models. A Rhoads Pro I believe.

Comment

A Rhoads Pro from 1994 I believe. As Carbuff said, these are the ones that were camparable to U.S. ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Great looking axe, congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I second the two earlier verdicts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just an additional note:
        The pickups are actually passive, but the guitar has an active pre-amp on a pcb board in the electronics cavity. Also, the plastic pickup covers have been removed.

Comment

Nice guitar!

Here's some more notes...
          I have a ´93 Rhoads Pro and it was born with no pickup covers.

The pinstripes are not factory (but you knew that).

´94 would probably be the very last year that the Professional were comparable to the USA RR1.

There's differences though. The most important being that the Professional typically has a thinner neck back to front compared to the RR1. It's very noticeable on the two Rhoads' i've got.

Here's a few measures i did some years back comparing my 1993 Pro to a 1997 RR1 - in milimeters:

Build and finish quality is in the favour of the Professional (on my guitars anyway).

Ripping out the active circuitry and replacing the stock Jackson pickups is the best thing i ever did for my Professional. There's a lot of muddy sound inherent in that original "active" setup.

There's a lot of other subtle differences.
          Buttom line is, those early ´90ies Pro's are precious.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah, I love it! My brother had both a USA RR and this one, this being in better condition. He sold the US but couldn't get any bites on this one. So I get the brotherly discount for.....$300! Do the pros get an RR number like the USAs are RR1s?

Comment

you should buy it.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nope, no "RR" serial number on imports, and there isn't an import equivalent of the USA serial number chart found on the Jackson site. It's still easy to narrow down the production year since they weren't really built for very long.
                sigpic

Comment

On to phase two! It is only $300, but the old lady told me, one comes in, one goes out. The only one I could even begin to think about parting with is my Charvel 3a.....and I can't imagine my life without it...I'm sure you know exactly how I feel. :-(

Comment

Buy it and put it up on eBay with a $700 BIN. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

What is the issue? Just buy it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        What is the issue? Just buy it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+100000000000000 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

buy it and hide it under the bed at the girlfriend's house. That way the wife never need find out about it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Buy it and sell your girlfiend...
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Buy it for your girlfriend. She can't refuse a present and she can't say no when you want to use it. Done deal.
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X