Imported Jackson's serial numbers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported Jackson's serial numbers???

Does anyone have exact information about what are the serials for Japanese, Korean and other Jacksons made in Asia???

yeah, i'm wondering that too. My RX10D has a 9711976 stamped on the neck plate. Prevous owner said it was 2004, but I'm not sure....

Comment

It's near impossible to accurately determine the manufacturing year from the serial of the imports. The early ones had some sort of consistency, but after 96/97 or so, that all went out the window. On a bolt-on, the easiest way to check is to pop the neck off and look at the neck pocket and neck heel.

However, all import neck-thrus = made in Japan.
      Bolt-ons with serials starting with "9" = Japan.
      Performer guitars with serials starting with "0" or "1" = Korea.
      Other bolt-ons with serials starting with "0" or "1" = India.

Comment

sunbane, didn't we have an old (not very old) thread with this info and more? I thought it was made sticky already. Apparently not.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
          sunbane, didn't we have an old (not very old) thread with this info and more? I thought it was made sticky already. Apparently not.
          right here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51169

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
            yeah, i'm wondering that too. My RX10D has a 9711976 stamped on the neck plate. Prevous owner said it was 2004, but I'm not sure....
            Sounds about right. And it's MIJ, as you probably know.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Sounds about right. And it's MIJ, as you probably know.
              Well, according to that thread:
              If you have a bolt-on Jackson that only says "Jackson" on the head, and the serial number starts with 96, 97, or 98, it was made in Japan in 1998.

Made in '98? WTF? I don't think RX10D existed back then... Or am I wrong?

Comment

Read further on down - the old board wouldn't let me correct that original post, and I screwed that line up in the original post (lots of re-writes and going back and forth in it moving and fixing stuff).
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                  Read further on down - the old board wouldn't let me correct that original post, and I screwed that line up in the original post (lots of re-writes and going back and forth in it moving and fixing stuff).
                  Oh, I see. Thanx for the reminder. Still no info on the year though...only that it's been made after 2000.

Comment

I said, 2004 sounds about right. :fart:
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X