Dkmgt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dkmgt question

I just bought a dkmgt body from ebay. Im not really sure if its coming with the bridge or not. Is this a special sized bridge or will any tom bridge fit on there. Also it has the whole boost system in it too. Will this work with any passive pickups that I throw in there? I dont have the HZ's that its supposed to have. Also, do the little string-through things on the top and bottom fall out easily? Or are they kinda pressure fitted in there.

AFAIK the EMG boosts work with all passives and actives. Don't know about the bridge, cause I'm a floyd guy.

Comment

Thanks, and just in case anyone is interested MF is selling these now for only $349 shipped. I guess theyre making room for the new ones with the real emgs.

Comment

no floyd, hence the model name dkmgT(-ailpiece). it's a stringthru. the rest of the spec is identical to the dkmg.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

And don't even worry about those string ferrules falling out.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Cool, I just found out that hes including the bridge too. Of course I just realized that my dk2 neck has a locknut.The seller is selling the original neck though. I will have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff
              Cool, I just found out that hes including the bridge too. Of course I just realized that my dk2 neck has a locknut.The seller is selling the original neck though. I will have to see.
              LOL! I hope you don't pay more buying-by-the-piece than what a complete axe would have cost.

Comment

Or you could just use the DK2 neck and leave the locking shims off?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                  Or you could just use the DK2 neck and leave the locking shims off?
                  Thats what I was thinking. I hate the way that looks though. Then, of course theres the "tone" issue. Ive actually got a roller nut that replaces a floyd nut perfectly. I'll give that a try first.

Comment

Working...
                  X