Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00b to the forums here

Hi All,

I am new to the forums and slightly new to Jackson guitars. I own a DX10D Trans Blue and absolutely love it. Funny thing is it was a lot of what I didn't like but I took a gamble. The gamble paid off for me.

I do not particularly care for reversed headstocks. I prefer maple fretboards over rosewood. I'm not good enough to justify paying up for a USA model with ebony fretboard. The DX10D was purchased despite my preferences for a couple reasons. 1) I have a terrible back and my 1978 double cut EpiLester weighed a ton (mahog set nect, etc.). 2) My 1992 Iby EX1500 was also a bit heavy and was a bit bright sounding for my tastes. I sold em both and got the DX10D. I fell in love the minute I changed the strings and lowered the action to 1.0@12F. I am now a total Jackson convert.

I have been drewling like a lot of others at the prospect of replacing my Hamer CX2 with the Jackson DK2M. After shopping around for price and dealer rep I ordered it yesterday from Matt. The DK2M was really what I was looking for when I bought the CX2. Though it is a respectible axe for the $ it is certainly NO Jackson. It's probably headed for The Bay to make room for the DK2M on order. I am excited about its eventual arrival. I went with the Trans Black over flamed maple top. DREWL DREWL DREWL!!! I did my homework on this so I'm sure I'll be pleased.

For those wanting the "said specs" on the DK2M's compound neck radius, it is an advertised 14 to 16. The DX10D and DK2's are all 12 to 14 I do believe. But the DK2M's neck's thinckness at the 1st and 12th are the same as the DK2, slightly thinner than the DX10D (.745@1st - .820@12th). Yeah, I'm no guitar God or even close, but I am a gear junky (i have GAS to the max) and I know especially what type of neck config I like best. 12 to 14 is acceptable for me. 14 to 16 is IDEAL!!! That's my current story and I'm sticking to it... for now.

I want to thank Matt in advance for his personal service, time, and excellent pricing.
    Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 04-25-2006, 01:35 PM.
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Congrats man and welcome aboard! I'm sure you will like it, neck is quite beefy!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Congrats and welcome aboard. Doing your homework ahead time as you've done should prevent a nasty case of buyer's remorse later.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to the board, & congrats on the new DK2m
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

remember, we need pix when you get the dk2m. more gas required.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

And pics you WILL have. Have digital camera, will shoot stuff. And the digicam is almost a must for pimpin your gear on The Bay. Here's a front/back pick of the DX10D I already have. Twas shot by the dealer before shipping and sent to me when I purchased it. WILL post pics of the DK2MTB upon arrival.

Comment

Nice guitar you have there and congrats on your purchase from Matt. Welcome to the forum.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hi!

Comment

A DX10D has a great feel. One of my favorte guitars at any price.

Comment

+1. i played a dx10dfs in a shop but sadly someone put their hard cash on the counter first... D'oh!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have to agree about the overall feel of this guitar. It keeps calling me... "pick me up... play me play me play me." It is sweet. But I noticed some minor quirks about it when it first arrived. Just mainly personal preferences about feel for me. So I'm not knocking it at all.

It felt really stiff with the action and strings when I first got it. I never like or settle for factory strings or string jobs so nothing new there and no biggie. I also seem to have some sort of stupid affinity for crappy strings. I dropped a set of GHS Boomers in it (09-42) since they play well and sound good to my ears. Though I KNOW they won't stay in tune for sh**. The playability went up after that. I also like the low E string at a max of 2.0 height and the high E at 1.5 max height (both lower if/when possible). Lowering the FR down to those heights made this thing really nice to play and I could bend strings all day. Before ya jump my haunches about the Boomer strings, again, I KNOW they suxorz for staying in tune. But they're cheap and play well enough to use for experimentation until I get things just like I want them. My favorite strings are DR 09-42. I also use 08's from time to time.

I figured the stock Duncan Design pickups wouldn't satisfy me when I ordered it. So I ordered my fav combo of Duncans before the DX10D landed here. I like the Jazz for the neck and Full Shred for the bridge. I fully expected to say "i knew it" about the stock pickups. Plus I was eager to put in the fresh Duncans. BUT... the stock DD pickups really impressed me. They're not bad at all! I saved them for any future projects I might decide to take on. They really are fairly respectible pups.

Comment

Welcome
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X