2005 & 2006 Dxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 & 2006 Dxmg

At which part of the trem should I be looking at to tell the difference between the two trems? Has anyone bought a 2006 DXMG? Was it worth the extra money or did it cost the same?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I'm not sure about the trem differences but, to me, the best reason to get an '06 is stock EMG pups. Over here, an '06 is only $20 more.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

what? real emg's?! spec .pdf shows same hi-z pups.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Visually the trems are the same. The actual metal that the tremolo is made out of was upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
          what? real emg's?! spec .pdf shows same hi-z pups.
          Yeah, comes with EMG 81/85 combo now.

Comment

I thought the DKMG got the active EMGs and the DXMG remained passive.
            sigpic

Comment

well i'd better get a move on then
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

DXMG = Keeps the EMG-HZ pickups.

DKMG / DKMGT / WRMG = EMG81 (bridge) and EMG85 (neck) pickup combo.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion but it's not my fault, I swear! I went home and checked my AMS catalog and they had the DXMG as having EMGs but I looked at their site and it says HZs. So the catalog is wrong and that's what I was going off of.

Comment

No biggy. I still wouldn't mind getting my baby back. I was recently offered a DXMG with case for £375...
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

just a quick question: what do the serial numbers of the 2005 and 2006 versions start with? in case i order one, i'm curious as to whether they charge me the same price for the 2006, assuming that's what they order.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

My 2003 DXMG is 969xxxx

I'll hazard a guess that an '06 is gonna be late 97xxxxx or even into the 98xxxxx s
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is my 2005 DXMG (SN 97404XX) Paid $370 new out the door at guitar center. I put in some EMG 81/85's...and have it tuned to D, but at that tuning I dont play it enough, so I am going to put it back to E.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone
                            I thought the DKMG got the active EMGs and the DXMG remained passive.
                            the newest DXMG's will all have emg 81/85 sets
                            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
                              DXMG = Keeps the EMG-HZ pickups.

DKMG / DKMGT / WRMG = EMG81 (bridge) and EMG85 (neck) pickup combo.
                              & my local store has an '06 DXMG & it has the HZs... so I would say the DXMGs are staying w/ the HZs, @ least for '06.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X