No announcement yet.

2005 & 2006 Dxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my original question was how can i tell the difference between the jt580 and the new trem. is it just the base plate or is the trem made of a different material?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

wtf... Everyone's saying different things.. is the newest dxmg's equipped with actives or not?
        äss howl

Comment

No. The only difference now is the harder metal baseplate under the trem. Same passive HI-Z pickups. Jackson can back up that fact.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Anyone got pictures of the new tremolo? What's it called? JT-???
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Still a JT580LP. It's identical in appearance, just stronger
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

okei
                Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                  Still a JT580LP. It's identical in appearance, just stronger
                  Not quite. the new trem on the X series is no longer low profile, and has full length string lock screws. Black on the DXMG, chrome on the WRXT, DX10D, KVX10,etc.

http://www.americanmusical.com/image...-544--t-h.html
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Looks just like a JT-580 Takeuchi to me, apart from the rounded rear of the saddles. Hopefully made from better metal. I think sunbane knows about this - dunno where he got the info.

Henrik

Comment

Jacksonfan, that's not an '06

Jackson1, that isn't either

Comment

The DXMG will not have ACTIVE EMG's.

Still you could always upgrade, if you wanted to..

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                          Jacksonfan, that's not an '06

Jackson1, that isn't either
                          I'm quite certain that it is an 06. Here's a pic of a 06 KVX10 with the same trem in chrome. As you know, 06 is the first year for a trem on the KVX10, so the pic has to be right. The DXMG pic above is also the same pic Jackson provided Matt for the new models. We all know everything isn't updated on the Jackson site , but I'm certain that these are correct. Besides, didn't the older DXMG have the Lopro JT-580 with the stubby string lock screws like the DK2?

http://www.americanmusical.com/image...-523--t-h.html

http://www.mattsmusic.com/Jackson_NewforNAMM.pdf
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Well of course I can't find any close-up pics but I could swear that on the new trems I saw at NAMM the block adjuster screws sticking up at angles directly behind the saddles. I just looked at my '04 DXMG and that trem looks different than what Henrik pictured above...

Comment

OK wait - you said that already (DXMG no longer has the Lo Pro). My bad.

Yes my '04 has the "stubby" screws....

Comment

Working...
                              X