No announcement yet.

2nd hand score..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a Jackson together out of parts I got from here and Ebay and a set of EMGs. I think I had about £250 invested in the guitar, and I took it in the get a bass setup. I managed to get a £300 bass amp and a £430 bass for this parts Jackson and £250!!!!!

Needless to say, I nearly broke his bloody hand off!!!

I saw the guitar on Ebay about 2 months ago, it went for about £350 hahaha!!! That buyer paid too much for a guitar that Jackson never made!!! A silly northerner with a dodgy beard put it together! And itll never intonate thanks to the dodgy roller nut!!! At that point I was sick of the guitar and just wanted rid of it. Someone sowed the seeds of getting a bass and I ran with that idea.

James

Comment

The hairline cracks in the neck pocket could just be laquer cracks....

Comment

I had a DX10D, and it had hairline cracks in the finish on both sides of the neck pocket. Pretty common thing, and as long as it's not into the wood then it's not a problem. Nice axe!

Comment

My concern is the chipped headstock and seeing that hairline in the flame top body next to the 24th fret might implicate the neck is twisted (hence the term "stabbing weapon"). The electrics don't sound right (fretting out, unwanted feedback instead of sustain/volume decay) and the action is very low. There is also damage to the plate where the front left mounting screw is. My plan is to have the setup done at the end of the month. If the guitar is not repairable or involves paying for parts that bring the cost of the guitar and repairs too close to the current price of a new one, I may try asking for a brand new guitar and pay the difference between this 2nd hand guitar and the new one. I can only hope I only have to spend £90 (£40 setup and £50 gator case). If I end up getting a new guitar, I promise I'll post pix!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Dude, maybe you should just give up on buying guitars! :ROTF:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Dude, maybe you should just give up on buying guitars! :ROTF:
              No way! I like whinging like fuck too besides, the students at Twunt Control won't turn down an extra £150 and their used gear back in exchange for a new guitar. I'm sure they're not complete arseholes.. hmmm...
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lacquer on an import Jackson? Is he drinking his bath water again?
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

eh?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                  X