Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what model duncans are on the newer DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what model duncans are on the newer DK2M?

???
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Bridge: TB-4, Neck: SH-2
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
      Bridge: TB-4, Neck: SH-2
      PERFECT!
      my favorite duncan set (JB/JAZZ)
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I might swap out the JB for a TB-5 (Custom) but I'm still undecided on that, for the time being.

Comment

It is so wild how the JB sounds so good on some guitars and just horrible in others. Makes me wonder if the winding is inconsistant? Jack.

Comment

I'm not sure.... I was kind of jaded on the JB because it sounded like ass on the last guitar I had it on (Kramer Baretta Pro which I only owned briefly a couple years back, then I returned it)

It's actually sounding pretty nice on this one, which is why I'm having second thoughts about my original idea of swapping it for a Custom.

Comment

Funny you should say that, because I decided about a year ago that I won't buy a guitar unless its a Jackson.

I did think about upgrading the pups on my DX10DFS which I recently picked up for £200, but it would bring it dangerously close to the cost of a brand new DK2M at £380 (plain colour) and I wouldn't want to feel disheartened.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

For the most part and so far I am not a big JB fan. It seems to sound better in some guitars than in others. Or maybe it's the combos used in different guitars that makes or breaks it. Not real sure. But when my DK2M finally lands I will lend the JB a fair ear. I don't wanna jump the gun in case it works. But I do have my doubts. The Jazz is a no-brainer for me. It and the 59 are the only neck pups for me. I keep a spare Jazz and Full Shred on hand at all times (my favorite combo so far) for potential projects or general swapouts. So I got it covered if it sounds great as is or if the JB ends up sounding like ass.
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

That confirms what the guy said on the Kelly I bot. He said they came out of a DK. God, I love this forum.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                  X