DKMGT nut problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGT nut problems??

I should be getting my new DKMGT tomorrow from Musicians Friend & was wondering if any owners of this model have ever had the low E string pop out of the nut? I played one at a shop last year & it happened to me but I figured it was just a bad nut or possibly the string angle because of the reverse headstock. I've wanted a hardtail for a while & just couldn't pass up the deal ($349) they were offering.....alot cheaper than what I paid for my SL2H last year .

Haven't had that problem yet, and I use a .056 gauge string there for a low B (my DKMGT is tuned to B standard).
    If it happens, take it to a tech and get the nut slot filed correctly.
    I had that done of course, otherwise the .056 string would definitely not have stayed there.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I didn't have that problem, but the slot on the low E wasn't filed deep enough. Low fretted notes went sharp and chords sounded off.

I filed it and now it's fine.

FYI. I got some Big Bends Nut sauce for it and it works great! Few tuning issues now.

Comment

Well, got home & there were 2 boxes sitting in the living room from MF!!! I ordered a case with the guitar & it fit perfectly.....I opened up the guitar & it's a really cool color of blue. The action is actually better than that of my Soloist....which was a nice surprise. The nut is perfect..I can't see any reason why the E string would pop out...it's in there nice. The fret work isn't as smooth at the binding but I'm comparing everything to my SL2H which isn't really being fair. But there is a HUGE DENT about 2 inches away from the bridge towards the cable jack!!!!!!!! The paint is also cracked at the bottom of this thumb-sized dent. It looks like the wood was damaged before it was painted. Now, I really like this guitar & don't know if I should send it back because of this flaw....my wife thinks for the price I should keep it...I dunno.....I'm gonna call them tonight & figure something out.

Comment

Working...
        X