Ask Jackson? new DXMG trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Jackson? new DXMG trem

Was there a ask jackson part that is no longer there?? Anyways I was wondering 2 things about this mysterious non low profile trem that is on the 06 DXMG:

Is the harder metal of the new low profile trems?

Does it have the post spacing that would alow an easy replacement with an OFR?? and I guess string spacing also incase I wanted to change pickups??

Thanks
    Alot

As it turns out, it IS a low profile! Its the same as the old JT580 LP, but with hardened steel baseplate and posts (so it looks the same, but is better or at least more durable). From what I've read on here, an Original Floyd Rose is a straight drop-in, but the Floyd Rose Pro (Low Profile) is not. So as long as you get the OFR, it should be a simple swap.

As far as string spacing goes, I think Jackson uses trembuckers for all bridge pickups on guitars with tremolos. So just buy the trembucker version of whichever humbucker you like...somebody please correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

Sorry!!! I got lost in I guess the sub forum view? I will ask in Ask Jackson>

Comment

The OFR should fit ok but the baseplate portion of the route will look funny, there will be a slanted gap on each side.

The Floyd Rose Pro is supposed to be a direct fit, that's what the 580LP is modeled after.

And, what ewright said about the pickups-- trembuckers will do the job

Comment

Umm...I thought the MG series didn't get the hardened trem upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
            Umm...I thought the MG series didn't get the hardened trem upgrade?
            So did I...but the Jackson website now shows DXMG having the same trem as the DK2 and DKMG...

Comment

Isn't that picture the same one that they've always used?
              And I can't see anything about trem upgrades in any of the spec listings.

Unless I'm misremembering things, John stated that the Pro series would get an upgraded trem (hardened plate & posts). The X-series and the DXMG would get a non-LP licensed trem - and I believe the rest of the MG series would keep the current JT580LP.

Comment

Oh frig - I thought ALL the trem fitted 2006 imports had the new baseplate and posts.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes, I have read different things, but now that I finally found the Ask Jackson forum, I put the question there and we should get an official answer!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
                    I was wondering 2 things about the non low profile trem that is on the 06 DXMG:

Is the harder metal of the new low profile trems?

Does it have the post spacing that would alow an easy replacement with an OFR?? and I guess string spacing also in case I wanted to change pickups??
                    That was 3 things

BTW JW answered Yes, yes, and yes.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Just posting the answer here...you know how many lazy asses we have on the JCF

and making a joke
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

lots.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                          X