DKMG vs. DX10D or DXMG length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG vs. DX10D or DXMG length

Are these guitars (from tip of the headstock to the strap pin on the butt of the body) identical in length? Has anyone used a DKMG/DXMG/DX10D with a standard Gator hardshell case without problems?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

What weird questions you come up with!

I don't have all three, but they SHOULD all be the same length. All these models (2002 - current) have 24 fret necks and should all use the same Dinky body.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's this coffee machine at work.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hey at least he's kind of innovative.

I don't know what a Gator case is, but a DKMG fits very well into a standard GEWA case (which is exactly the same as the normal Jackson cases, just with a GEWA badge instead of a JACKSON badge, and about 35 Euros cheaper!).

Hope that helps!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'm doing 14 hour shifts this weekend, giving the coffee machine serious buck for it's bang. Getting Jackson GAS... bzzzt... need bucks... bzzt... overtime... bzzt..

Standard Gator cases are very lightweight and £50 per case - in comparison to say, a Jackson Warrior case costing £200 and weighing 3 times as much. I heard elsewhere someone tried to fit a DKMGT in a "normal" case and failed.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-13-2006, 10:59 AM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I've looked at the Gator cases homepage and they look exactly like those GEWA cases (and the price you gave is right up with them), I'd bet those are all made by the same manufacturer.

Well here's the deal with the DKMGT and these cases:
            When I tried to fit my DKMGT into that GEWA case I found that the headstock touches the bottom, which is of course very bad, especially when closing the case, which applies pressure. Basically the round portion where the neck lies was cut to deep.
            What I did was putting a towel (folded several times) under the neck, so that the headstock doesn't touch the bottom of the case anymore.

With a DKMG (my buddy has one, and the same case model for it), this problem doesn't exist, because the DKMG's neck is not angled.

Lengthwise there isn't any problem, and I don't think Gator cases are any different... they are made for strats, and a strat has a 25.5" scale-length and a nice big headstock, just like a Jackson.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Shadowcat.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I think I have a gator case (its 300 miles away at the moment) and had a Les Paul, my 650xl and a dxmg in it fine.

James

Comment

I have the Gator stealth the all kinds case fits most strat alikes, for my m-202 should be very similar to a dxmg, or dkmg, if not identical size/shape,
                  I can borrow my mates dxmg to test it if you wan't, however this should fit.

http://www.gatorcases.com/productsmo...2&PID=7&MID=31

same as the stealth jsut not all black, which I think is cooler but whatever....

Ozz.

Comment

hmm, there's an ATA Gator case - I emailed them and have been told it's more resistant to knocks.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                    X