Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson 24 fret on a Jackson Stars body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 24 fret on a Jackson Stars body?

Hey guys! My first topic (and post) in here.

I recently found the oppertunity to buy the 24 fret RR's through Ishibashi in Japan. As I don't afford the more expensive models (J1, J2) Im thinking of the cheaper RR-04. However, the RR-04 has dot-inlays (which of course suck) so is it possible to change the neck to like a DXMG och Dinky or whatever with locking nut, 24 fret and sharfin inlays?

The actual question is if Jackson Stars use extended fingerboards on their 24 fret guitars or if the whole neck is modified like the Dinkys and so on...

Would be too bad to send the guitar back to Japan...

Greets
    Kurtma

yeah you dont want dots for inlays, they make you slower.

Comment

Just get some stick-on sharkfins!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha, can't get enough of the sarcasm I see :P

PallarAndersVisa:

Hah, they sure don't make me faster but they look much better indeed. Stupid answer, really. Why dont all guitarplayers play big rectangular pieces of wood with six strings if looks didn't matter :P

Guess you know your name is Swedish :P
        Last edited by Kurtma; 05-14-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Ok let's take this serious...

I believe a Dinky neck should fit, after all these guitars are made in the same factory by the same guys. But I never had a JacksonStars in my hands, so it's just a guess.

I'm curious... how did you get ahold of Ishibashi? Did you mail them?

Because I wanted to order a JacksonStars myself, but didn't receive a reply to my mail yet (which I sent to them three weeks ago!).
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

BTW, I agree with you, sharkfins look much better than dots... I also think ebony looks better than rosewood, and binding looks better than no binding.

That's why I prefer (and want to get) a JacksonStars RR-J1 over a normal RR5 which we could get over here.

Comment

Comment

the Bo Diddley guitar rules.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yes, a Professional Series 24 fret neck would fit on a JacksonStars body - same guitars, different logo, that's it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
                    Welcome to the board!

Ok let's take this serious...

I believe a Dinky neck should fit, after all these guitars are made in the same factory by the same guys. But I never had a JacksonStars in my hands, so it's just a guess.

I'm curious... how did you get ahold of Ishibashi? Did you mail them?

Because I wanted to order a JacksonStars myself, but didn't receive a reply to my mail yet (which I sent to them three weeks ago!).
                    Thanks!

Allright, that sounds promising Thanks

Oh really? I just threw a mail to them and they answered a few days later. Perhaps you should try to mail them once more?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtma
                      Thanks!

Allright, that sounds promising Thanks

Oh really? I just threw a mail to them and they answered a few days later. Perhaps you should try to mail them once more?
                      Hey, I tried that today and got a response after just a few hours.
                      Thank you!

Good luck with your order, too!

Comment

I think the question at hand is, is the fretboard an extension, or is the bridge and everything in a position that accomodates a 24 fret neck. I don't know the answer to that one.

Comment

According to Newc it will fit.
                          I would be surprised if it didn't, as it would be quite uncommon for the Japanese factory to build a neck with a fretboard extension (if ever done at all).

Comment

Working...
                          X