Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that some time has passed...COW DK7 impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that some time has passed...COW DK7 impressions?

I've been kicking around the idea of a seven-string guitar, and since my DR2 is one of my favorites, the blank ebony board and reverse headstock of the Christian Olde Wolbers sig DK7 really appeals to me. Nobody local has them in stock, but I was able to try out a DK6 very briefly and thought it seemed fine. There are some less-than-stellar DK7 reviews on Harmony Central, but I'm just curious what the consensus is among Jackson players.

I have a DK2M on order, but it wouldn't offer me anything new except the maple board.
    sigpic

My local store had one (the one they mistakenly ordered when I ordered my DK6 there). It was awesome, flawless build quality and playability.
    Sold pretty fast, too.

I read those reviews, well there's a good rating on the top, and the other two were upset because their guitars were damaged in shipping and not set up well.

I've played the DK7 mentioned above, a DK6 at the same store, and my own DK6 which I bought new from ebay. All of them were of the same good quality.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I've held a couple at a local Sam Ash, but since 7 strings are not my thing, I didn't mess with it very much.

Comment

I'd want a trem (black of course) and neck pup on it. Sharkfins too.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
          I'd want a trem (black of course) and neck pup on it. Sharkfins too.
          I don't think that answers his question, though, does it?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Point taken. GIven that it's a signature-based guitar, I wouldn't expect the spec to change, but had they given the opportunity, a neck pup is a must for me. So I still won't buy one. The guitar looks bland, having no inlays, being completely black or in that minging desert camo finish. Jackson don't do any other 7-string guitars which is a shame. They used to, DR7 or DX7 (one of them with trem but I don't remember which), various colours too, but I can't seem to find any.
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-20-2006, 01:59 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I had a DR7, which was my first and last Jackson with pearloid sharkfins. The inlays looked cheap, it had the "satin chrome" hardware, Duncan Designed pickups and a TOM...all negatives for me. I bought it at a Guitar Center clearance sale, played it for a few days, and returned it. The neck was comfortable though, which was actually a pleasant surprise considering how thick some sevens' necks are.
              sigpic

Comment

Shopping.com is a leading price comparison site that allows you shop online for the best deals and lowest prices. You can read unbiased product reviews and compare prices online. Online shopping has never been as easy!

this one has a trem. not easy to find..
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

DR7T:

One of the nicest 7 strings I've played. And easily the winner in its price range.

Comment

I need to find one of those! (especially if it's in a trans-colour burst).. 7-string Jackson GAS... arrrgghhhh!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by HeWhoIs
                      DR7T:

One of the nicest 7 strings I've played. And easily the winner in its price range.
                      That is nice, can`t stand the brushed chrome, but throw some black hardware on that and bam Jack.

Comment

A big store in Paris had a DR7T for sale for around 900 euros a year ago if I remember well.

Comment

Working...
                        X