• Show
Clear All

• Crackhead Deal Alert!

BLACK JACKSON KELLY - $100

Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2006-05-18, 9:34PM PDT

Professional Series. Floyd Rose.

Comes with hard case.
    Called the guy, he claims it's in top-shape, just missing the truss cover and spring plate.

I'll return with pics of my spoils in a few hours!

-a

that's a dam nice deal if it's really the professional series. Crackhead usually don't know much about the guitars .

Comment

Probably a Kelly Std

Still would be a good deal at 100
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Okay ... so here's what I got me for my $100.

These are just some quick and dirty snaps. I'll set up something nicer when it's not 2AM and have to work in 6 hours

First thing I did was take the whole thing apart and give it a thorough clean job. I got all kinds of funk off the fingerboard!

The Good:

* It was $100 ... how can I possibly complain?
        * It plays and sounds like a Jackson should
        * The Body and paint are in way better shape than I was expecting

The Bad:

* Missing the truss cover and spring plate + screws
        * Body does have a few dings here and there
        * One of the pickup rings is cracked

The Ugly:

* The trem bar has some play when it's attached ... I can't figure out how to tighten it up
        * The bass-side trem post is stripped. It needs to be replaced or adjusted with a wrench

I'm not really sure what I want to do with it yet. Completely impulse ... a $100 Jackson! lol ...

I want to get it into top-playing form, so I'll at the very least end up replacing the stripped trem post. Hmm, someone is selling an OFR on craigslist for $75 ... maybe I should just swap it out?

Or maybe I'll just stick it on eBay as is?

-a
        Last edited by HoWheels; 05-19-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

KE3, not bad...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great deal! I say keep it as a beater if you don't have one already Did it come with a Jackson hardcase?

If you decide to sell it, let me know before you ebay it, I'll take it off your hands

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              KE3, not bad...
              It's not a KE3....

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                It's not a KE3....
                ??? Are you drunk? LOL!

I know KE3's usually have normal sharkfins and don't say Professional on the headstock, but this was probably an early issue.

I like that neck, just wish it was bound.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                  ??? Are you drunk? LOL!

I know KE3's usually have normal sharkfins and don't say Professional on the headstock, but this was probably an early issue.

I like that neck, just wish it was bound.
                  As a matter of fact I AM! I stated this in a thread about EMGs in RX10D earlier LOL...em..I thought that was KE8 written on the neck...KE3s dont say professional on headstock....is that an earlier version or what?

Shit, it's only 16:41 here and I'm drunk already!

Comment

It doesn't have a neck plate right? And the serial is behind the headstock. Moreover it starts wiht a "j"?

One of my friends have one of these. And 2 days ago I saw a RR with RR3 specifications, grey logo and prof. on the headstock. (but it had the 96xxxxx serial) These should be the early versions of the xx-3 series I guess.

And I think this is a great deal
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Oh yeah, and there is no serial number on this thing anywhere! Is it supposed to be stamped on the neck somewhere?

-a

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                        As a matter of fact I AM! I stated this in a thread about EMGs in RX10D earlier
                        I saw that thread and figured to have some fun with ya LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher
                          Great deal! I say keep it as a beater if you don't have one already Did it come with a Jackson hardcase?

If you decide to sell it, let me know before you ebay it, I'll take it off your hands
                          Yes, it did come with the hardshell case. Damn Kelly cases make my Soloist cases look tiny! Stupid guitar doesn't fit on my guitar stand either!

-a

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                            Oh yeah, and there is no serial number on this thing anywhere! Is it supposed to be stamped on the neck somewhere?

-a
                            My friend's kelly has a small sticker on the back of the headstock. Just like the ones that say "made in japan" which can easily come away
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
                              My friend's kelly has a small sticker on the back of the headstock. Just like the ones that say "made in japan" which can easily come away
                              +1 - those early KE3's without a neck plate had a sticker for the s/n - easily could have been pealed away (WTF were they thinking???).

Comment

Working...
                              X