I finally ordered a JacksonStars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally ordered a JacksonStars!

I have ordered a JacksonStars semicustom!

As I have been longing for a 24 fret Rhoads for a long time, I finally ordered a JacksonStars semicustom now. I got told it's only gonna take about three or four months to be build!
    Well, it is my dream guitar and has the following specs:

BODY: Mahogany with 5A Flame Maple Veneer Top
    SCALE: 25,5“
    NECK: Maple Thru-Neck, 24 frets
    FINGERBOARD: Bound Ebony with Sharkfin Inlays (pearl)
    BRAND NAME MATERIAL: Pearl
    BRIDGE: Tunamatic, Strings-Thru Body
    PICKUPS: Seymout Duncan TB-5 (bridge)/SH-1N (neck)
    CONTROLS: 2xVolume, 1xTone, 3-way Toggle Switch
    HARDWARE: Black
    COLOR: Transparent green with matching headstock

It is basically a RR-J1B, but with mahogany body, matching headstock and transparent green finish (which is not a standard finish at JacksonStars).
    Here is a pretty accurate mockup of it, except it will have a JacksonStars logo, veneer headstock, and no sharkfin at the 24th fret:

I'd like to thank our buddy QuantumRider for all the help and information, and Noriko Sada at Ishibashi who took very good care of my needs so far and gave me an awesome price on this.

Now the waiting begins...
    Last edited by shadowcat; 05-29-2006, 10:38 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

And a big thank you to Baum83 for hosting the pic!!!

Comment

Congrats! I'm looking forward to day when I'm gonna order Jackson Stars RR-J2SP! Also 24 fret rhoads . I really hope it will be this summer.

Comment

That looks so cool. I´d love to have a JacksonStar made to my spec too.
        Congrats!

Comment

That is going to kick some ass... enjoy!

Comment

That is sweet. Congrats!
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Shadowcat-

Glad to hear you were finally able to place your order.

I picked up my custom soloist yesterday at Ikebe. Will take pics tonight and post'em up in a new thread.
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Can someone fill me in about the difference between Jackson (USA) and Jackson Stars? Other then one is made in USA and the other Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_360
                  Can someone fill me in about the difference between Jackson (USA) and Jackson Stars? Other then one is made in USA and the other Japan.
                  Probably nothing if you compare the J1 or J2 series Jackson Stars and USA selects. Think of it like old professional series Jacksons vs. USA Jacksons .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                    Probably nothing if you compare the J1 or J2 series Jackson Stars and USA selects. Think of it like old professional series Jacksons vs. USA Jacksons .
                    Well, there are two main differences:
                    One has to wait between 3-6 months for a JacksonStars (semi)custom compared to 12-24 months for a USA Jackson custom;
                    and for us Europeans a JacksonStars J1 series guitar is about 40% cheaper than a similar USA select Jackson, even after paying bank wire fees, shipping, custom and tax when importing the JacksonStars.

Qualitywise I don't know, I'll tell you when my guitar has arrived.
                    But if it is similar in quality to my Soloist Archtop Pro (of the old professional series), then it should be just on par with a USA!

Oh, one more thing:
                    All JacksonStars Rhoads models have 24 frets!

Comment

OH WOW the JAckson stars Rhoads having 24 frets is a Plus one! and since it is also a custom shop... not bad for the price at all!

Please give us a nice review which your Custom shop Rhoads arrives!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X