model of pickup in RR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model of pickup in RR3?

Hey guys, does anyone know the exact model name of the bridge pickup in the older RR3's, the one's with the chrome pickguard? thanks.

-Paul
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Since 2002; Duncan Designed Detonator (HB-108).

Before that, I THINK they came with a DD HB-103B/N set, but I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

according to the 2003 catalog, pickups were duncan designed detonators (forgot the name of the model, it's not hb103 or hb102 tho).

Comment

Yes, like I already stated - the Detonators were introduced in 2002. IIRC, the RR3 appeared in 1997 and had DD pickups, probably the HB-103 set.

I think Tekky would be able to tell us for sure what pickups it came with originally.

Comment

I know that the KV3 came with HB-102 pickups, so the old RR3 version might have the same...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
            I know that the KV3 came with HB-102 pickups, so the old RR3 version might have the same...
            nope. hb102 are patterned after JB/JAZZ pickups. The ones in RR3 were patterned after detonators. They were the same KE3 had.- Shit, I can't remember the model name...

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
              nope. hb102 are patterned after JB/JAZZ pickups. The ones in RR3 were patterned after detonators. They were the same KE3 had.- Shit, I can't remember the model name...
              Are you sure you aren't mixing something up there?

I know the Duncan Designed Detonators (used in the current RR3 and KE3 models) are modeled after Seymour Duncan Invaders...
              now you say the old RR3 pickups were modeled after the Detonators? So Duncan Designed copied their own copy?

Sorry, I'm a little confused right now...
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Like I already said: DD Detonator = HB-108.
                And correct, it is modelled after the Duncan Invader.
                Look here:
                http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...igndescr.shtml

And as I said twice previously, they came in the RR3 for the first time in 2002.
                Press release:

I can't find any places that tells me for sure what pickups they had prior to that - they may even have had a HB-103B/HB-102N combo, like the KVX10. Until someone with MoAIP access comes along, we won't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
                  Are you sure you aren't mixing something up there?

I know the Duncan Designed Detonators (used in the current RR3 and KE3 models) are modeled after Seymour Duncan Invaders...
                  now you say the old RR3 pickups were modeled after the Detonators? So Duncan Designed copied their own copy?

Sorry, I'm a little confused right now...
                  oops, that's my mistake. i meant invaders all the time. i'm sorry.

Comment

k, sorry guys, i was anxious, i just bought one off my friend, and i only recieved it hours after asking this, but now that i have the pickup in hand, i'll end this, it is the:

DUNCAN DESIGNED HB108B

Thanks guys,
                    -Paul
                    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

post some pics (if you have them) in the imports section .

Comment

the '06's have reall duncans now.

Comment

Working...
                        X