Jackson Stars SL-J1 Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars SL-J1 Custom

Well, I placed my order for this guitar back in January, and was told to expect it in June.

While I was on vacation in Spain last week, I got an e-mail telling me that the guitar had arrived at the shop. So on Monday, the wife and I got off the plane, picked up our cat at the in-laws', dropped everything off at home, and headed back to Shibuya, jet lag be damned!!!

Here she is:

As I was told not to expect a "nice" flame top, I was pleasantly surprised...

There's some nice figuring in the ash, too!

Specs are:

Maple neck w/Ebony board and MOP sharkfin inlays
    Ash body w/Flame maple top
    Duncan 59 & Duncan Custom
    OFR
    1 vol, 5-way switch

Family shot next!
    Last edited by QuantumRider; 05-31-2006, 10:36 PM.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Here's a group shot with my other Jackson/Charvel guitars.

I need a bigger couch (although my wife would say that I need fewer guitars)
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

YES, I was waiting to see that! Excellent axe, it fits nicely in your collection for sure!
      How's she play?
      (I think I already know the answer to that question, being a Jackson Stars owner )

Comment

Steve-

She plays like a dream... I can set the action lower than on any of my other guitars, with no fret buzz

The only thing that I might consider changing is the neck PU. The Duncan 59 doesn't sound as fat as I generally like my neck PU's to sound. I'll see if I can tinker with PU height and such before committing to a swap, though.

Comment

Wow, she looks GORGEOUS!

Congrats!!!

Definitely one of the nicest naturals I've seen so far, the ash figuring really sets it apart.
          Good to hear it plays that nice, too.

Now I'm really excited for my JacksonStars RR to arrive...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Congrats! Killer guitar! I really like Jackson Stars! Can't wait to save up enough to order RR-J2SP!

Comment

Nice guitar QuantumRider, the natural finish is just great! But the way how does the Duncan Custom perform in the guitar? I am thinking of getting a custom for my thrash metal purposes.

Comment

Could someone give me a concise How To on spec'ing out and ordering a Star? Like how much custom can they do and where to order, contact links, anything really. Thanks.

Quantumrider, impressive collection you've got and a very nice Star you got. Beautiful.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That looks really nice!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very helpful information including translated order form can be found in this thread:
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51807

Except the Ikebe mail address is wrong, the right address is [email protected], I think.

However I haven't gotten a response from Ikebe to any of my mails.
                    Ishibashi has responded to my mails very quick and are very helpful, plus they accept credit cards. [email protected]

To spec out your order you could just select a production model from JacksonStars and specify all the changes you want to make to this model.
                    Or you can take the order form and specify everything.

BTW, if there's a custom feature you want but don't find it on the order form, don't hesitate to ask them if they can do it. The sales agents at Ishibashi will check it with JacksonStars.
                    I didn't find the option for a transparent green finish on neither the JacksonStars website nor the order form, but indeed they can do it.

Hope that helps!
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I emailed Ikebe a few times and always got feedback. I used this email: [email protected] .

Comment

I emailed Ikebe a few times and always got feedaback. I used this email: [email protected] .

EDIT: sorry, double post.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider

I need a bigger couch (although my wife would say that I need fewer guitars)
                          I agree with your wife. Please send me the red Charvel.

Cool collection!!! Cool pics!!
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Gorgeus guitar! How much did you paid?

Comment

Wow. Stunning finish and color. Good score!
                              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                              X