Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the kind word, guys!

shadowcat-

I've posted this before, but I've tried out a few Jackson Stars RR's at my local shops, and they all had excellent build quality and were super easy to play.

Nazgul-

There used to be a member here (who got banned and is currently residing in Michael Jackson's nutsack) who I helped order a RRJ2SP. He put his guitar up on E-bay last month. I have his e-mail address somewhere, so if he hasn't sold it yet, I can put the two of you in touch. Send me a PM if you're interested.

viva_360-

I think that because ash is a heavy material, that the pickups sound very "crisp". The Duncan Custom sounds great. All of the notes played through the bridge pickup are well defined from top to bottom. Maybe that's why I'm not crazy about the neck PU sound... I like my neck PU's to be a little muddy, to cover up my sloppy sweeping

jackson1-

If you click on the link to the thread that shadowcat posted, you'll find links to Steve's translation of the Jackson Stars semi-custom order form, as well as my translation of the full custom order form.

neilli-

Thanks man PM sent.

Charlz-

Not a chance, man

Drizzt-

Thanks for the compliment! As for the price, I'll just say more than one and less than a million yen...

Nuclear Vampire-

Thanks! I chose a natural finish so that I could play it even when I became an old man... The top is really better than I was told to expect.
    Last edited by QuantumRider; 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
      Nazgul-

There used to be a member here (who got banned and is currently residing in Michael Jackson's nutsack) who I helped order a RRJ2SP. He put his guitar up on E-bay last month. I have his e-mail address somewhere, so if he hasn't sold it yet, I can put the two of you in touch. Send me a PM if you're interested.
      Yeah, I know. blind_vomit or what was his name... First time I've actually heard for Jackson Stars was when he posted his "goldilocks" on Metal Tabs forum. Then later I joined here and saw that he posted the very same thread here and also saw threads about you helping him out. That's very cool of you! I saw him selling it on ebay too. It went for about 1200$ IIRC. There's someone selling it at JGP forums currently for 900$ in mint condition. After taxes and all, I'm still 500$ behind . I hope he won't sell it, until I get enough money for it.

Comment

shadowcat + QR: thanks for the links and tips!

I can't find the Dough Aldrich "Signature" models anymore on their site, so it's probably discontinued, but would you say they will build it upon request? That would make it pretty easy with the specs work.
        yeah yeah i guess i could write them an email...
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Awesome. I love that it looks like they're not using the stupid body/neck lamination method that Jackson USA uses. A neck-through should look like the one above!!
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

jackson1-

The Doug Aldrich models pop up from time to time on Yahoo! Auction (as I'm sure they do on E-bay as well). If you want a new one, however, I'm sure that Jackson Stars can make you any guitar you want. BTW, Martin is a cute cat! Here's a pic of my cat Chica with my Grover Jackson.

You may notice that the Grover Jackson has a "scalloped" neck heel, whereas the Jackson Stars does not. The lack of the scallop doesn't take away from the playability of the upper frets, though.

Sanctuary-

I played a 2005 Jackson USA SL2H at a store when I was shopping for guitars. There were two things I didn't like about it. The first was that the neck was too thick, and the second was the looks of the neck where it joined the body, just llike you said.
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Haha...great shot!
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

jackson1-

The Doug Aldrich models pop up from time to time on Yahoo! Auction (as I'm sure they do on E-bay as well).
                I tried different searches on eBay (completed listings also) and got ZERO results. And i haven't come across any in a couple of years on eBay. I don't check the Yahoo auctions, maybe i should.

That's a funny shot of your Chica! Looks like he/she's gonna rip the guts out on that big obnoxious RED monster you placed right in the middle of the living room. Jesus man, what's that thing?!

Yeah, Little Martin was the best cat i ever knew. "Was" because he suddenly disappeared and never showed up again - i think he was killed on a big road that ran near the house we had at that time.
                Those pictures on my site are my last moments with him, modding the Fernandes, him and me.
                Actually, i remember him walking slowly down our driveway while i was sanding the guitar, and like some 6th sense came to me, i paused my work and looked at him thinking: Man, greatest cat i've ever known

You may notice that the Grover Jackson has a "scalloped" neck heel, whereas the Jackson Stars does not.
                Yes, i noticed that. Who makes the Grover Jacksons? I've often seen them but i'm a little confused on the Grover Jacksons and the Stars... made at the same factory?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                  Yeah, Little Martin was the best cat i ever knew. "Was" because he suddenly disappeared and never showed up again - i think he was killed on a big road that ran near the house we had at that time.
                  Those pictures on my site are my last moments with him, modding the Fernandes, him and me.
                  Actually, i remember him walking slowly down our driveway while i was sanding the guitar, and like some 6th sense came to me, i paused my work and looked at him thinking: Man, greatest cat i've ever known
                  I feel your pain bro. I had a great cat also and he just disappeared one night. He was really great and smart...I thought him how to open the doors....he would jump on the hook and open the door. Couldn't teach him how to close them tho. He was about 2-3 years old when he left and it's been 3 years since he's gone now. And the worst thing is that I don't have a pic of him on PC . Few were taken by my father's digital camera which belonged to the place he works and nobody ever copied them to the HD, just printed out a few of them. He was the kind that looked like grey/black tiger. But a bit prettier with black dots on his white-grey stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                    I feel your pain bro. I had a great cat also and he just disappeared one night. He was really great and smart...I thought him how to open the doors....he would jump on the hook and open the door. Couldn't teach him how to close them tho. He was about 2-3 years old when he left and it's been 3 years since he's gone now. And the worst thing is that I don't have a pic of him on PC . Few were taken by my father's digital camera which belonged to the place he works and nobody ever copied them to the HD, just printed out a few of them. He was the kind that looked like grey/black tiger. But a bit prettier with black dots on his white-grey stomach.
                    Yeah, it's always hard to lose your buddy.

Here is our Ricky, died almost three years ago, at the great age of 18 years:
                    http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/holle_uncreation/Cat
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

shadowcat-

Little Martin and Ricky are probably playing with each other in kitty heaven...

Nazgul-

I am glad that Chica doesn't know how to open doors and windows

Comment

Working...
                      X