Cobalt Blue Swirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt Blue Swirl

Has anyone here got a Jackson in cobalt blue swirl? I really like the look of it here:
    http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...node0=0#bottom

but here it looks totally different:
    http://www.musik-service.de/images/P...5742465i01.jpg

(different guitar obviously, but it's just the finish I'm looking at).

Which of those pictures is more like the real thing? I really like the first of the two pictures, but the second one looks a lot more bland. I was going to order one online (haven't seen the CBS finish in a shop) based on the first picture, but having seen the second pic, I'm not so sure! Looks like one has black highlights, the other has white...

The 2006 Jackson KVX is what you are looking for. Older guitars, had an crappier cobalt blue swirl finish. The 06 are much better for that paint option. The crappier paint is the 05 or below..

Comment

Gotcha. So an '06 RX10D will have the same paint job as in the top photo then?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP
        The 2006 Jackson KVX is what you are looking for. Older guitars, had an crappier cobalt blue swirl finish. The 06 are much better for that paint option. The crappier paint is the 05 or below..
        I agree 100%. The earlier graphic (and trans-) finishes lacked contrast. I'm gagging for a 2006 DKMG in CBS.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
          I agree 100%. The earlier graphic (and trans-) finishes lacked contrast. I'm gagging for a 2006 DKMG in CBS.
          Me too, in fact thats my next purchase. A 2006 DKMG Cobalt Blue Swirl to go with my 2006 DK2 Trans Red. I had such a hard time choosing between flamed maple or carved top, normal or reverse stock, sharkfins or piranha tooth, etc., so I decided to get one of each...

Comment

The main difference to me seems to be 05 and pre had CBS over white and now has it over black?
            I prefer the black tho

Comment

So buy if you likie

Comment

I like the top one better also. That guitar is crying out for black hardware and binding on the neck and headstock though. Jack.

Comment

...and a single bridge humbucker, eh, Jack?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes Sir Jack.

Comment

I like it...

Comment

its great guitar i will have some 1 in the futher

Comment

There is diefference between 2006 CBS and pre2006 CBS;

Old CBS

New CBS
                          Life can be good with right people.
                          Andi Deris

Comment

I've only seen the old version in person (two weeks ago). Didn't like it at all. The new finish looks alot better on the photos.
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Personally, I like the lighter one.

Comment

Working...
                              X