The new SL3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new SL3

I just saw it on the new Jackson Website. Now they come with real Floyd Rose Tem's. Thats cool. I wonder if that fixes the wierd Buzzing I get when I play open D cords and such on a clean channel.

Does anyone else notice a Buzzing on certian things you play clean? It's like a very wierd Harmonic or something. Hard to describe but it rings wierd and it's annoying. I love everything about my SL3 except that. If I could get that fixed it would be my all time favorite guitar.

Dan

needs setting up. got the same problem on one of my jacksons.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      needs setting up. got the same problem on one of my jacksons.
      I'm gonna get the orignal Floyd Rose system on my Sl3 and take off the Jackson Copy system. I believe that system is flawed. The buzzing kills me.
      How did you fix yur problem??

mantis

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
        I'm gonna get the orignal Floyd Rose system on my Sl3 and take off the Jackson Copy system. I believe that system is flawed. The buzzing kills me.

mantis
        Be prepared to have the trem route enlarged, or have a machine shop shorten the Floyd locking screws.
        It's not a straight swap.

Read this first... http://www.audiozone.dk/index-filer/...nfoProject.htm
        Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-17-2006, 06:08 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

if it has a JT580LP, it should be a direct replacement
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post

mantis
            My Charvel Star with original Floyd gets this weird buzzing and overtones on the B string sometimes, either the open string or sometimes even fretting the string. It would go away whenever I opened the locking nut, but someone told me they think it's probably the saddle. Well, I've now since determined it's the fine tuner that's causing it. By turning the fine tuning screw a little, it fixes the problem. New Floyds don't seem to be as good as older ones for some reason.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Be prepared to have the trem route enlarged, or have a machine shop shorten the Floyd locking screws.
              It's not a straight swap.

Read this first... http://www.audiozone.dk/index-filer/...nfoProject.htm
              Awesome Info man, thanks alot.

mantis

Comment

Working...
              X