No announcement yet.

another soon to be a dk2m player here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another soon to be a dk2m player here!

This morning I orderder a black DK2M ! I wanted a snow white finish but since here in europe it's almost impossible to find one I bought the black, it looks gorgeous too! I can't wait to play it! And don't worry, pics to be added!

Congrats! Can't wait for the pics! I wonder how the plain black would look like.

Comment

Man why is it so hard to get the models we want in Europe? In Turkey I have yet to find a Kevin Bond. The DK2M might hit here in a few years if at all.

Have fun with it.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

When you can't find the model you want in Europe, order from the US. You may even save yourselves some cash in the process.

Comment

sunbane, did you see the calculation i did on importing a DK2M from the US (to Denmark) versus getting it from a fellow EU country, like Germany?

If i'm not mistaken, this is the end result (after tax, VAT, whatever):

Germany:$674
          USA: $951

(Please note that the numbers in my calculations are only my personal estimates regarding shop prices.)
          Last edited by jackson1; 06-05-2006, 10:09 AM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here in Turkey we pay 10% import tax and roughly 300-350$ shipping (from the US). Therefore, for example, buying a Kevin Bond and importing would be about 1700-1750$ including taxes, shipping and insurance. In the past I have bought from Europe and collected personnally while on holiday!

You guys in the US are lucky.
            Last edited by levantin; 06-05-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind that the american prices are MAP - minimum advertisable price. If you talk to a dealer, they can give you a better price quote. Matt on Matt's Music even has JCF membership discounts.

Admittedly, I have not compared them to German prices, but compared to buying one in a Swedish store, you CAN save money by buying from the USA, even after VAT, shipping and import fees. And we have a 25% VAT that gets added on when the guitar passes customs.

Comment

That bad eh? Anyhoo, I think we strayed off topic a bit. Once again, congrats Mordor.

Comment

Hmm... the dk2m is very tempting, i dunno if i can resist

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                    Keep in mind that the american prices are MAP - minimum advertisable price. If you talk to a dealer, they can give you a better price quote. Matt on Matt's Music even has JCF membership discounts.
                    But there's a $300 difference. No way any US dealers would match that.

(Please note that the numbers in my calculations are only my personal estimates regarding shop prices.)
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I agree, DK2Ms are a better deal here in Europe.

Comment

They are a great deal, i'm most likely getting one before years end, I know if I see one and have the cash i'll go for it....

Ozz

Comment

Congrats Mordor! You'll love the axe!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks guys!The waiting is killing me!I wonder how the jb will sound with a maple fingerboard...

Comment

today is the day!!

This morning I received the guitar!!!....and...my Scorpions and Ratt vinyls!! What a great day!
                              I played the DK2M for more or less half an hour, the factory set up is pretty good but I'm going to adjust something here and there. That said, the guitar plays already flawlessly (sp?), it does not feel at all like a cheap import. Every little part of it shows the quality of this instrument. Well done Jackson, this is IMO the best guitar for the money out there.
                              Ah!The neck is not wizard thin at all,it's way fatter than my DK1 but I feel it really comfortable, it reminds me my old DR3 neck-wise.
                              Now pics (sorry the shitty quality compared to some of your pictures but me and my camera suck at photos!) !And a little sample later to come!Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X