No announcement yet.

91 LTD Archtop #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Dave! Nice score! I'd say right there you probably have THE most valuable and collectable import jackson, no?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks again, fellers! As for the questions:

Joe/ Travis- it plays just like any other Soloist pro AND the 750s as the necks are pretty identical. The bodies on the 750s are much thicker which I happen to prefer, but this just feels like "silk".

Mark, you got me on that one, I never really thought about it but you may be right!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That thing is beautiful Budman!!! My god, that's the one that is in Ralph Denyer's book and it's also the one that made me GAS for a Jackson superstrat! I settled for a DXMG but that LTD91 is a true dreamguitar. You should be very proud and keep this one forever because it is a very special model. I am stunned... I would really like to have it professionally photographed and let someone make kick-ass JCF wallpapers from the pictures. I also vote this one for GOTM July!!!!

Ize

Comment

Killer score Dave! that guitar is just beautiful...
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I remember when LaCroix & Son's guitars had a pair of these... What a nice guitar!

Comment

Wow, you take some nice pics!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thanks so much!!!
                Dave ->

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful axe. Love the inlays!

Comment

great pix!!! congrats on the score
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

amazing guitar
                      lol

Comment

Audiophile and Budman, here are links of scanned Reflex pickup instructions and the wiring for a 2 hum from them:
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tructions1.jpg
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tructions2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tructions3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pschematic.jpg

The 3rd one is an enlarged version of the bottom of page 1. It's hard to read, so I'll type what it says here:
                        Blue wire is the output from the system. It should be connected to the hot of your volume control or directly to the output jack tip. This output is very special as it senses the load it is driving and automatically matches to that load.

White wire is always input to the active system. Connect here all pickups after selector switch. The wiper of selector goes here. If you want passive tone control, then connect capacitor of 0.47uF in series with 10kilohm pot to ground.

Red wire is for +9 volt battery connection and always connects direct to battery snap.

Black wire from battery snap alwasys connects to jack socket. It is the battery 0 volt wire and should go to contact the ring connection on a three pole (ring-tip-sleeve) jack socket. ......so on removing your jack cordc, you automatically turn of power to your system.

Green wire is the ground connection and this ensures low noise operation in your guitar. All metal parts of pots, switches and screening foils or paints should be joined to this wire. It is important that you connect the sleeve of your jack socket to this point.

Pink and Yellow wires are the active EQ command lines. Pink controls mid-band harmonics. Yellow controls upper high harmonics. (the illustration under the pink/yellow description shows a Center-detented linear taper pot with one leg grounded to case and green wire at that point, pink or yellow to the center leg, and blue output wire to final leg.

Comment

Cool, that final schematic looks the same, except more legible.
                          I tried to scan mine, but the copier is set up to compress and convert to pdf, so I got lame resolution and worse legibility.
                          I've been meaning to just take a digi photo cause it'll come out better, plus need to digitize it before paper disappears.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yes! Thanks for the info, Brian, it is very much appreciated -
                            Dave ->

Comment

Thats just a beautiful damn guitar! Wow!

chuck
                              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X