91 LTD Archtop #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 LTD Archtop #1

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted but wanted to take a moment to show you a new toy. I'm sure some of you saw this on ebay, ( I know Joe C. did, (sorry, Joe ) but I couldn't let this one get away. For those of you who might have missed this, it's #J91-001 which means it's the first one in the series and this was the one hanging up at NAMM. Does anyone have the pics from NAMM or any of the original ads for this? It's the guitar on the right in one of the ads floating around (shown below).

Solid mahogany, with maple top and maple neck with brazilian rosewood fingerboard. This was shipped to the original owner in the standard cardboard guitar box with no case!!!!!

I have been promising myself that I wouldn't buy for awhile but how often does something like this come along? Now I have to be REALLY good and layoff buying..lol!

On to the pics! (no Henrik, I didn't reduce them, sorry lol!)

Original Advert: The one on the right is #1 !

I don't have it intonated yet as I just got done cleaning her up (very dusty from hanging on the wall). The reflex pickups are pretty decent but they seem to pick up a lot more pick noise and other "nuances" as well (nuances means sloppy playing .
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

OMFG!!! .. sobs.. I want one..
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wow, congrats--that is just freakin' awesome. I know I was slobbering all over that one while it was on eBay.

Comment

Dave - glad you ended up with it! #01 too!!! Freakin' nice and incredible.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Wow, congrats on such a nice score!
          Very special and great-looking, too!
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Congrats no doubt.
            I take it you don't want mine no mo. lol
            That's surely a winner. Incredible specimen.
            Ya the reflex pickups are quite different, no too bad, but seem designed for some other amp/tone I do not own or are not my preference.

I am curious on one aspect of the wiring. In my research, there should be one wire not used from the black box to the tone pot. Not quite sure which each are, but I somehow concluded in my notes that yellow is some kind of tone/eq and pink is some kind of boost.
            I couldn't decide which to connect, so I used both with a toggle tucked in cavity (no drillin).

Gotta min to check? I got..
            red to battery
            blue to vol
            green to casings
            white to 3-way
            and then yellow or pink to tone

I think the pink/yellow are used for 3 control configs (ie Rhoads), and since we have 2, gotta be one or the other.

Again, congrats on your acquisition.

Comment

You know, in a moment of stupidity I passed on one of these in 2000 for $600.

Of course, I bought an '88 Dinky instead, so I don't feel too bad, but, still, I should have bought them both...
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Dave you know this guitar is not my style, But Congrats that is a fine peice of guitar work . Collectors item for sure.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Congrats man, that's a rare piece of art!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S.
                    Dave you know this guitar is not my style, But Congrats that is a fine peice of guitar work . Collectors item for sure.
                    Yup, Dave knows I am no strat body guy either, but yes, this guitar is awesome.

Congratulations Davey boy!
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I want to cut your balls off!

-a

Comment

Very cool Dave - I didn't realise that the inlays were split on those....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I followed the auction on eBay like some of the other guys here, so i know you got it. Big congrats on the purchase.

I got the pics visible now - it took a while! Is the serial popping OUT of the board?!! Does it stand out as opposed to be stamped in?

The action on that thing looks LOW. Are you shure you didn't press the strings down a bit when taking the pics, to make us all feel suicidal? Beautiful guitar!
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Holy fucking fuck!!! Sweet score, Dave. That kicks major ass!!!!!!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks so much, fellers!

cut my balls off, what are you, my wife?

As for the serial popping out? No, it must be an illusion you're having from waiting for the pics to download And yes, the action is lowwwwwwww!

Thanks again!!

Originally posted by audiophile
                              Congrats no doubt.
                              I take it you don't want mine no mo. lol
                              That's surely a winner. Incredible specimen.
                              Ya the reflex pickups are quite different, no too bad, but seem designed for some other amp/tone I do not own or are not my preference.

I am curious on one aspect of the wiring. In my research, there should be one wire not used from the black box to the tone pot. Not quite sure which each are, but I somehow concluded in my notes that yellow is some kind of tone/eq and pink is some kind of boost.
                              I couldn't decide which to connect, so I used both with a toggle tucked in cavity (no drillin).

Gotta min to check? I got..
                              red to battery
                              blue to vol
                              green to casings
                              white to 3-way
                              and then yellow or pink to tone

I think the pink/yellow are used for 3 control configs (ie Rhoads), and since we have 2, gotta be one or the other.

Again, congrats on your acquisition.
                              lol! No, I don't think I need yours now but I bet I know someone that does!!

As for the wiring, yes to everything but my pink and black are unused and tucked around the cable neatly as they purposely didn't need them. It would be very cool to get a schematic for these......
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X