Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bound neck on 2006 kelly (KE3)

hey guys!

i'm THIS close to getting a KE3 ordered, but i notice that the neck on it is NOT bound (unlike the DK2 and Warrior and RR5). is this a big deal? i'm kinda used to bound necks on my LP's and Ovation, so i really wish that they WOULD have done a bound neck.

is there any way of getting it bound either by a tech or by swapping necks w/ a DK2 or Warrior or something? or should i just not worry about that and get it anyways?

it's either the KE3 or a DK2S.

Hey newb! If it's that important to you, you can switch necks (DK2 or DXMG would work). Search, lurk around, a lot of us like to experiment. Check out the Tech Q&A forum.

BTW thanks for posting in the correct forum, heh.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hello and welcome Greg!

The neck binding is only an issue if you let it be one, but I agree with you that bound necks feel a lot nicer. It's a shame really that they haven't put bound necks on the RR/KE-3.

Basically any Jackson neck will fit as a replacement, provided it has the same scale length and the same number of frets. For instance, DK-1, DK-2, etc. Avoid Jackson "Fusion" necks, as those have a shorter scale length.

Comment

RR5 does not have a bound neck

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
          Your point?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Your point?
            This is his point:

but i notice that the neck on it is NOT bound (unlike the DK2 and Warrior and RR5)
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Missed that. But I can blame him for not quoting it!
              Last edited by RacerX; 06-11-2006, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                hmm, you are right. i was looking at the pics in their catalog, and THOUGHT that i noticed binding on the RR5.

so - what would be my source for a bound neck to swap? eBay or swapping with a DK2 or ...? it looks like the KE3 neck is the thinnest of them all, though (even thinner than the USA Kelly). this is ALL going from the specs in the catalog cuz i haven't seen a 2006 Jackson in the stores here yet.

unless it's priced WAY above the DK2 (which seems to be sitting at $710 Cdn for the new 2006 models in a fancy finish), the KE3 w/ skulls it is!
                Last edited by GregR; 06-11-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

(
                  DK2 or DXMG would work).

Comment

DK2 or DXMG would work).
                    You forgot the left parenthesis in the quote...

http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

DK2 or DXMG would work).
                      i meant other than buying another guitar just to get my hands on its neck

mebbe i'll start scouring eBay for one....

Comment

Originally posted by GregR
                        i meant my hands on its neck

Welcome , stick around. You'll have plenty of opportunities to get your hands "on its neck".
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Just for example, here's a KE3 with a DK2 neck installed. Since the KE3 body has the neck screws on sort of a "trapezoidal" shape, you'll have to elongate 2 of the holes in the body just a tiny bit to line up with the neck holes for a perfectly straight installment. No worries though, it's not enough to create ANY problems

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That is one sweet Kelly. I think Jackson should bring back these finishes. I once saw a Dinky in that colour. Dang! didn't have the dough..
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I like it a lot too

Comment

Working...
                              X