Case for DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for DK2M

Hey guys, I'm searching for a case for my new DK2M and I was thinkin about a SKB66:

SKB Cases is a manufacturer dedicated to travel, storage, and shipping protection needs for music, pro audio, sporting goods and industrial applications including government and military contract fulfillment.

do you think the guitar will fit perfectly?

It should fit in there perfectly

Comment

The Jackson-badged case for the DK2M isn't very impressive, so I'd definitely go with the SKB.
      sigpic

Comment

Ok,thanks guys, I'm ordering one in few minutes

Comment

I got one like that for my DK2. The case is designed for standard strat-sized guitars, so the Dinky will most likely have a little "room to breathe" in the case. Otherwise it will fit perfectly and I'm pretty happy with mine.

Comment

Has your dk2m arrived already?

Im looking forward to mine but thomann gets the white dk2m in like 8 - 12 weeks

Comment

No, I'm still waiting for her arrival
              I asked Thomann for a DK2M in snow white quote and I had your same answer so I bought a black dk2m from ebay.

Comment

Besides the Jackson case, are there any other brands that will fit a DK2 "more perfectly" (i.e. no breathing room) than the SKB case?
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
                  Besides the Jackson case, are there any other brands that will fit a DK2 "more perfectly" (i.e. no breathing room) than the SKB case?
                  You might try Gator Cases. I've bought 9 Deluxe's in the past 2 months for guitars I'm building. The Gator's put the SKB's to shame. They have more padding around the guitar and have a more rigid thermoplastic shell than the SKB molded cases. They are physically (outside dimensions) a little larger than the SKB because of the extra thick padding.
                  http://www.gatorcases.com/productsde...px?LID=2&PID=7
                  Last edited by Bengal65; 06-13-2006, 04:20 PM.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Best case I ever bought was a Gator case. £50, everyone stocks them and they're lightweight too. Perfect partner for any strat-shaped Jackson.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

1. The case I ordered with my last DK2 (2004) was supposedly a new JCC921 (the more expensive Soloist/Dinky case). Molded exterior logo and 1 interior storage box, but otherwise very plain with one-size-fits-all interior, and barely worth the $89: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...0&src=3SOSWXXA

2. The case that came with my new 2006 DK2 was supposedly a JCC201 (the cheaper "standard" Dinky case). Same molded exterior logo, but with a silver Jackson logo & skull badge near the handle, locking latch and key, 2 larger interior storage boxes, and more detailed exterior molding. The hinges, latches, and handle are much sturdier, guitar fits perfectly, and its lighter. I could barely fit tools, trem bar, and strap in the old one, whereas the new one easily holds those+cable, Boss TU-80 tuner, polish & cloth, dozens of picks, etc., with room for more! This new case is worth MORE than $89, and I strongly recommend it to anyone with a Dinky-style Jackson!

I have no way of knowing which case is really which model#, and even most dealers seem to have no idea what the difference is. Jackson just says change the last 3 numbers of the guitar model# to get accompanying case, without stating which case that is for each guitar. But one things for sure: like the new DK2, it just looks and feels so much more high-quality than the recent imports/cases.

Comment

Working...
                      X