Possibly Insane 2006 DXMG intonation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Insane 2006 DXMG intonation question

Well, I was this close to putting money down on a 2006 DXMG which plays and sounds great, the trem bar on this particular one is even a perfect fit - no play in it, but will drop down - perfect!

However when playing some quiet chords past the 12th fret, the intonation was real bad. I know how to adjust intonation on a tunomatic, and so could do it on floyd but I know it's alot more tedious, So I asked the guy if it would be included in the price, he said no but he had another new one in the back if I "didn't like the intonation" (I never realized correct intonation was personal preference haha) So this one also was off by what seemed the same amount (flat) and it also seemed to get flat very quick after 12th fret just like the other one!

So here is my insane paranoid question:

Is it possible something went wrong with the fret positioning for some of these?
    Last edited by tanpsi; 06-13-2006, 10:06 AM.

Probably just "ball parked" at the factory. It is not unusual to have to get a set up and intonation on a new, or even used guitar.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
      Probably just "ball parked" at the factory.
      Tanpsi, Scott means the intonation is ball parked, not the fret placement.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the fret placement, I think it's just bad intonation. I'm a little upset that they wouldn't include that in the price, that's just ridiculous. it would take them like 15 minutes tops to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
          So I asked the guy if it would be included in the price, he said no but he had another new one in the back if I "didn't like the intonation"
          Ha ha, that sounds like typical guitar shop BS!

Here's how you should have phrased that:

"Well, obviously this guitar requires intonation, it is unplayable and therefore unsellable....I am ready to buy now, when can you have your tech guy complete basic intonation & setup?"

Never give salesguys a chance to say no...with yes or no questions...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

+1 on the above. They should throw in a new set of strings too. Fuckers.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yup. You would think that you wouldn't have to ask for a setup when buying at a shop.

Comment

I hate music shop people who act like they are really putting themselves out to see you a guitar! its their job for gods sake! could atleast pretend to care about customer service.
                First time i bought a guitar from my local shop i went in and asked,
                "Whats a good starter guitar, pref circa £100 or less". They were like
                "just have a look round see what you fancy,"
                "but where are all the cheaper ones.."
                "duh.,. just look at the prices"
                bastards, wont give you the time of day unless you wanna spend 1k plus. What the dont realise is when all the beginers they fucked over get better they wont take their business there.
                (the sad thing is that they actually will because its the only proper shop for miles... and they know it)

oops that rant got a bit out of hand.
                If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

I just re read that. I should really start proof reading my posts. I make more errors than almost everyone on here who dont even have english as their first language¬!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgUK
                    oops that rant got a bit out of hand.
                    Yeah, you're starting to sound like that tosser wilkinsi

"Wah wah, I'm British!"

J/K guvnahs

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

"Wah wah, I'm British!"
                      so who's for Tea and Crumpets?

Comment

Comment

I just got a DXMG used
                          and it needed a intonation setup which for me is no biggie
                          I already know that if you buy any guitar new or used it will require a re -set
                          I bought a brand new usa SL-2H a year ago and even though it was dead on at the store
                          after i set it to my action preference and string brand/gauge i had to re- set it
                          which is to be expected
                          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Yeah it's a non-issue for me as I do all my own stuff. Also, it just gives the staff more opportunity to bump and bruise the guitar up...I trust nobody with my guitars.
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                            X