Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought a used dxmg and wanted to ask a few things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a used dxmg and wanted to ask a few things?

Is this one a MIJ? it has a 7 digit serial # starting with a 9
    also how reliable is the 580lp trem?
    any other owners here have any real good things to offer about the DXMG?
    so far i am really loving mine
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

9=MIJ
    The 580LP is a decent trem... not great, but still pretty good for what it is.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
      9=MIJ
      The 580LP is a decent trem... not great, but still pretty good for what it is.
      is there any way to know the year of this DXMG?
      something in the serial # maybe?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I can try to narrow it, what is the ser#? (Why didn't you post it above? )

Also there have been plenty of threads about the DXMG, have you tried the search function?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

At first I did not like the reverse headstock, but now I feel it looks kind of medieval, so I can pretend I'm my former idol Ritchie Blackmore dancing around with tights, a cape and a lute and that hot young blond chick he plays with!!!!!!

Comment

Heh heh heh

You prancer you

Comment

My dxmg is about two and a half years old. I have two others guitars with the orginal Foyds. Though I don't use the trem a whole lot I can't tell much of a difference to be honest, the 580 stays in tune just as the ofr and there is no noticible difference in sustain. I love my dxmg except for those hz pickups.

Comment

swap them out for an active 81/85 set. everybody else swears by them. my mg series guitars never stay in tune for very long. i suppose you could consider swapping the jt580 for an ofr while you're at it. it's a retro fit.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  I can try to narrow it, what is the ser#? (Why didn't you post it above? )

Also there have been plenty of threads about the DXMG, have you tried the search function?

nevermind what i did to find the year of the guitar or at least a APPROX age is look at the date stamp of the stock EMG hz H3 pup
                  the pup says 2003, so this one is definitely a MIJ then right?

Comment

have you tried the search function?

yeah i did!
                    man you ask that a lot on new threads!
                    Last edited by savage; 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage
                      ...so this one is definitely a MIJ then right?
                      Yep
                      -Rick

Comment

What is the ser# ?

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
                          but now I feel it looks kind of medieval, so I can pretend I'm my former idol Ritchie Blackmore dancing around with tights, a cape and a lute
                          Some things, such as this, you might want to keep to yourself.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                            Some things, such as this, you might want to keep to yourself.
                            Things like that makes this forum worth reading... among alot of other things:P
                            äss howl

Comment

What is the ser# ?
                              no matter it turns out that the date and a code is on the neck and the body neck pocket. i took off the neck to have a looksee and there it was.
                              so now i know that it is a NOV 1 ,2003 and that it was not mutted out
                              the code 11 11 is on both the neck and body

Comment

Working...
                              X