DXMG Trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG Trem

I was looking at a few Dxmg's on ebay and came across a pic of the new 2006 version, and noticed the trem is different from last years, The locking bolts are long, through the back of the trem similar to the original floyd rose. In the specs on jacksons website it says this trem is the same as the ones on the Dk2m etc. But they have the short locking screws on top of the string block. So is the trem on this years dxmg not as good as last years? Here is a link to the pics:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Jackson-DXMG-Dink...QQcmdZViewItem

I asked "Ask Jackson" here and he said it is made of the same harder metal as the new lowpro trems on the Japanese imports, so that would make it more durable at the importantant trem to post interface.

However it is more like the OFR in design so that's a matter of preference, where your arm and hand are when you play.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
      I asked "Ask Jackson" here and he said it is made of the same harder metal as the new lowpro trems on the Japanese imports, so that would make it more durable at the importantant trem to post interface.

However it is more like the OFR in design so that's a matter of preference, where your arm and hand are when you play.
      +1.

The ones with short locking screws are JT580LP (LP stands for low profile) and the ones with longer locking screws are JT580.

Comment

I only hope that surface the seller is laying the axe on is a bed with a bedcloth dyed to look like a stone floor.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

It must be just a mistake in the spec sheet on the jackson site. So the new trem is better quality than the last, its just not the low pro style, cool thanks for clearing that up.

One more question, Are the MG series considered equal quality to the Pro series or is the Pro series a step above?

Cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by f22
            One more question, Are the MG series considered equal quality to the Pro series or is the Pro series a step above?

Cheers guys.
            They should be of equal quality...the prices are fairly close. I guess Pro series are considered slightly above if you go by order of appearance in catalogs & price lists.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              They should be of equal quality...the prices are fairly close. I guess Pro series are considered slightly above if you go by order of appearance in catalogs & price lists.
              Ron, the fact that all of the mg series have all black hardware (I mean no chrome) makes me think mg series are higher than pro's. But that's just a small thing
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Pros have black hardware now too.

Comment

Binding on all models makes me think that MG series are higher than the Pros.

Comment

Nice point Sunbane! Ron?
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Well, this discussion is quickly approaching the level of "Who'd win in a fight, Spiderman or He-man?"

But I will point out that the Pro series:

-contains many more body shape choices

-many more finish options

-appears before the MG series in the price list, the catalog, and the website

If the MG series were considered "higher" then Jackson would place them before the Pro series. The order goes: USA Select, Pro, MG, X, JS. Highest to low.

Comment

I'm just kidding Ron Doesn't matter whichever is higher, I appreciate your knowledge
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I had more ammo, too!

Comment

Working...
                          X