DKMGt body material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGt body material

I have an 05 DKMG and an 05 DKMGT. The MGT one is much lighter and sounds completely different. The thru body strings account for some of the difference in sound I know.
    But what about the difference in weight? Were some of them made of ash or another wood?

Them trem maybe?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Both are alder as you probably already know. Same wood can vary in weight. Don't know if they used several wood types on these guitars thru the years.

Do they have the same finish? Transparent colors have a veneered top, which could alter the tone... like 0.2%

What is the difference you hear? Amplified or acoustic? Which is better and why?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The thru body one is warmer and more natural "woody" sounding. It's cobalt blue

The FR one is more brash and metallic sounding. This ones plain black.

I love both of em and it's not a problem the way they sound. I run a GT6 processor in manual (no mods) thru the FX loop. I run it as an FX platform. I have separate banks for each one and can run different EQ settings for both. In fact I do this with all my guitars

I was just wondering if they ever used any different wood in '05 cause they don't weigh the same.

BTW how do I use emoticons?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shredhed
          The FR one...
          Ah! The tremolo is responsible for the extra weight. They weigh a ton.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
          X